Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Retagging Issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The issue I am currently having with VirtualDJ is with tags; retagging specifically. When originally created, some of the files, in some of the folders, on our external hard drives were not labelled correctly and thus the tracks listed in those folders were tagged as Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, etc.

I have almost completed the painstaking task of relabelling all of the mislabelled files on the master hard drive so that there are no more tracks simply listed as, Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, etc. and it was my plan to reformat and recopy the relabelled folders and files to the other external hard drives and rescan for tags on their respective computers. However, it has now come to my attention that although the actual files have been relabelled correctly, the tags inside VirtualDJ are not changing, even when I delete the database and try retagging everything. The names of the folders themselves have even been changed as well, but the tags are still remaining Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this without having to retag everything individually inside VirtualDJ for every hard drive for every computer, etc.? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:02 am
select all the files and then right click batch reload tags

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:14 am
Thank you for the suggestion. It did not work, however, selecting all the files in a folder, going to batch and selecting take title from filename worked and I would not have discovered that without your suggestion.

However, since there are over 1000 folders of files, is there way to somehow do all the folders at once? While doing the entire folder at once rather than each individual song at a time is faster, being able to do all the folders at once would be a lot less time consuming, especially when there are multiple hard drives and computers involved.

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:35 am
not inside virtual DJ but a free program like mp3tag has the ability to select parts of the file name and insert those into the tags in a batch manner afterwards you can just do the reload tags :-)

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

here is a screen grab of the feature

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:38 am
Thank you I will look into that. Just realized that taking the title from the filename doesn't actually change the tags, so back to square one :(

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 12:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Type a * (star character) in the Search box. This should display all tracks of your Library. Then click/select one and use CTRL+A to select all, right-click perform the batch operation.

Also you may need to change the setting gettitlefromTags to No (from VDJ Settings-->OPTIONS tab)

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 1:25 am
Thank you for explaining to me how to show and change the name of all the files all at once. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the tags themselves. I guess I may just have to manually change all the tags and then hope if I transfer the database file to the other hard drives/computers that I won't have to do it manually on every single computer.

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 2:46 am
I am not sure if I have understood corectly. But it seems as though you have changed the actual names of the files, but done this on your hard drive file explorer or something, and then you want VDJ to reload the tags correctly?

Have you got "get info from tags" checked in the settings?

Secondly, if you open the tag editor and click the little dot next to the "title" box and ask it to get info from the file name, what happens? if that works you can select all of them and tell it to do that.

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 7:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Why is the Mp3Tag suggestion not working for you?

I guess you are just not familiar with that tool. So take a couple of minutes and read some tutorials. It will save you A LOT of time.

Posté Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 7:27 am
"I am not sure if I have understood corectly. But it seems as though you have changed the actual names of the files, but done this on your hard drive file explorer or something, and then you want VDJ to reload the tags correctly?

Have you got "get info from tags" checked in the settings?

Secondly, if you open the tag editor and click the little dot next to the "title" box and ask it to get info from the file name, what happens? if that works you can select all of them and tell it to do that."

I believe you are understanding correctly. The person who had my job before me, did not correctly name all the files we use in Virtual DJ, so not all of the original tags are correct. I have taken the time to change the file names individually in explorer on the external hard drive, but the tags in VirtualDJ did not change along with the name of the file changing.

I cannot find an option in any of the settings tabs for "get info from tags".

"Get info from file name" works, however, while it momentarily (for the session) changes the info to the "info from file name", if you search for the file with that info it does not show, because that does not actually change the tag. Once you use that option it only takes a couple of seconds to click on the change tag buttons for both the title and artist, however, as far as I can tell, there is no way to do for more than one file at a time. Therefore, I will still need to change the tags for each song individually.

Posté Wed 03 May 17 @ 9:32 pm
OK, you can select all the tracks by selecting one of them and then pressing "ctrl & A" on your keyboard. This should highlight all of the tracks. Then right click and go to tag editor. then click the dot and tell it to get info from the file name.

With regards to finding the tracks by searching, this might be because you have to tell VDJ what to search. next to the search bar is a little dot, click that, then you have a list of options to select. For instance, if it only has ARTIST selected, when you search it will only be searching in the artist field.

From now on, always make any changes to the names of the files or tags inside VDJ, dont do it in file explorer.

Posté Wed 03 May 17 @ 10:31 pm

Posté Wed 03 May 17 @ 10:34 pm
I just realized that I forgot to mention what might possibly be a vital point about the files I am looking to fix the tags for... They are karaoke files, which means that I have to correct the file information in explorer instead of Virtual DJ because there are two files that need to be changed for every track and if changed inside Virtual DJ it only changes the mp3 track and therefore none of the files changed will work and will just come up as "error" because the two files needed do not have the same name. Thank you for all of the suggestions given so far. I will continue to try them to figure out if anything will work with my particular situation. :)

Posté Fri 19 May 17 @ 10:09 pm
Normally the two files are zipped together and VDJ then just reads the name of the zip file, which can then be renamed in VDJ. They will work without being zipped, but does give you the issue you are mentioning, that is not being able to rename the file within VDJ. The name of the zip file doesnt need to be the same as the name of the files within it, but the names of the file within it still need to be the same, if that makes sense. So you could just zip them all, then change within VDJ. You can do it by batch within VDJ too

Posté Fri 19 May 17 @ 10:17 pm
Here are mine, most of them are zip files. I have them purple just so i know what they are when doing a normal gig.

Posté Fri 19 May 17 @ 10:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)