Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Roll back to previous build button inside VDJ options.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Pretty much every day there's a post here or on FB asking how to go back to a previous build. I have asked several times now for a link to the previous builds on the forum (as it's impossible to find) but it got ignored as usual.

Maybe it's about time that VDJ cached the previous .exe being used before an update, so anyone can press one button in options and it takes them back to the previous build they were using with no hassle or having to find the link and manually recover it.

Thoughts?

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 4:32 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Not a bad ideas however everyone should keep a link to http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html where it can be accessed immediately. For me I have it under "Blogs". You never know when you will need this info. just my 1 cent...

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 5:42 pm
....or, you know - keep backups. It should be rule #1 when using a computer.

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 7:00 pm
I do but 99 percent of people don't hence my question.

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 7:11 pm
Then 99% of people need to learn how to use a computer!

I mean the simplest thing is to come to this site and click the download button. Can they not manage that? Or go to their account page and download from there?

These days we've got the cloud, and the option to backup our stuff to a remote site too. It can be set up to do that automatically every X days or hours.

Is it Atomix fault that some users can't manage any of the above? Does VDJ really need a "spoon feed me" button?

[shrug]

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 7:23 pm
Yes it does. I backup (sync) my music, VDJ folder and VDJ critical files every Monday but it seems that most others either don't know how to or can't be arsed.

Mind you I've been asking for auto DB backup for years now and that hasn't happened either.

I don't understand the logic of Atomix. They introduce pie in the sky features noone will ever use whilst missing out things that would help most users.

Posté Sat 20 May 17 @ 7:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)