Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet sometimes i wonder where my brain went

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
so for the last hour, after moving some of my equipment to a new rack, i have struggled with trying to get my sound to work.

ive checked cables, plugged other things into the amp to make sure it was working, played with multiple settings, etc...

nothing seemed to work, my amp was fine, the laptop fine and the sb2 was about to be thrown out of the window as it was working two days ago.

then this happened........ I turned the volume up on the SB2 ...

how i managed to miss that is absolutely beyond me!!!

Posté Tue 30 May 17 @ 8:47 pm
Blulite wrote :

then this happened........ I turned the volume up on the SB2 ...

This is when your brain re-activated and working. Aren't you glad it worked ? :)

Posté Tue 30 May 17 @ 8:51 pm
yeah, very glad it worked lol, i just dont know what it thought it was doing in the first place lol.

Posté Tue 30 May 17 @ 9:22 pm
That is funny when it happens to someone else....I did it not long ago....same thing....looked at the screen and the sliders were up, just not on the controller....we all suffer brain fade sometimes.....You have to laugh, it is funny.....

Posté Tue 30 May 17 @ 10:31 pm
FumpsHome userMember since 2016
lol I call them blonde moments

Posté Wed 31 May 17 @ 6:02 am
A few years ago, I was wondering where the bad sound came from. Every time I turned up the volume in the booth... it started. Checked almost everything, every cable, speakers, turntables, changed needles,... Lost a lot of time. I mostly play on others (rented) installations, so I'm a pro in checking bad music-gear...

I accidentally turned the swith from the microphone to 'talk over' and the microphone was lying near the booth-monitor...
How could I missed that....

Posté Wed 31 May 17 @ 11:25 am
Fumps wrote :
lol I call them blonde moments

i call them brain farts lol

Warakurna wrote :
A few years ago, I was wondering where the bad sound came from. Every time I turned up the volume in the booth... it started. Checked almost everything, every cable, speakers, turntables, changed needles,... Lost a lot of time. I mostly play on others (rented) installations, so I'm a pro in checking bad music-gear...

I accidentally turned the swith from the microphone to 'talk over' and the microphone was lying near the booth-monitor...
How could I missed that....

yip done that before now, only it wasnt the talk over button id left the switch on my mic turned on and only got feedback once i cranked up the volume. couldnt figure it out until i physically unplugged the mic.

Posté Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 4:30 pm
Brain Dead Moment #232
My channel 2 had no sound spent ages playing about with the configurations / turning VDJ on and off then after about 15 minutes of messing around I spotted that the Crossfader was all the way over at channel 1...Tit of the week award went to me.

Posté Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 4:59 pm
stevendrennan wrote :
Brain Dead Moment #232
My channel 2 had no sound spent ages playing about with the configurations / turning VDJ on and off then after about 15 minutes of messing around I spotted that the Crossfader was all the way over at channel 1...Tit of the week award went to me.

its strange, were all supposed to be professionals, yet with it comes complete lack of remembering the basics when it comes to audio output. some of my fails over the years had also included, channel faders at 0%, amp volume at 0%, mic and headphones in the wrong ports, playing a track on the wrong deck... which reminds me actually, i was once djaying at a stripper show and half way through one of the strippers giving a punter a lap dance (that he payed for) i hit eject on the wrong deck #facepalm.

that aside though, ive always wondered why we overlook the simple things and go straight to pulling wires and rebooting

Posté Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 5:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Happens all the time to me when taking the rig outdoors, although as a sparky I've lost count of the amount of times fault finding starts (and ends) with the question (both from me & to me)
"Is it plugged in?"

Posté Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 7:24 pm
It's a good test of your logical fault finding skills

I both love and hate it lol, but....,,

I am sure our cat has aposable thumbs , i do get the fact that after the cat was walked over my kit , it may have pressed a button or knocked a slider, but I am convinced the little shit is turning the rotary controls as well........

Posté Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 7:43 am
Cats do not have thumbs capable of turning rotary controls.
However, they do have telekenesis powers and operate regular mind control over humans.
You know what they say, cats don't have owners, they have servants. Goes right back to ancient Eygptian times and beyond. Never underestimate a cat....

Posté Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 5:56 pm
Hahaha, same here with my cats, they love to press the auto loop button on my controller, especially when I sleep on my couch/sofa where I have my mixer and equipment. And lately I have found a lot of loose keyboard-buttons lying around my keyboard... I placed them back on my keybard, but next day there were keyboard-buttons lying around again... Then I slept on my couch and suddenly I woke up from a noisy scratching sound, and it seems my oldest cat is using my keyboard as a cats scratch tripod, and buttons were flying around her. hehehe

Posté Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 1:21 pm
Yes I have a problem with my cats scratching, the problem is they are better than melol

Posté Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 4:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)