Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Exporting Tree of Virtual Folders

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Not sure where this topic belongs, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place. Let me know and I can re-post in the appropriate forum.

In terms of exporting music files located within a SINGLE virtual folder, up till now I've been using the 'Copy to' feature. Today I found the need to export my entire tree of Virtual Folders, which is composed of 20 or so folders, with multiple child folders (probably 2-3 levels deep in some cases). Is there a feature to do a bulk export while retaining the structure of the folders? I was considering going the long way: Exporting the entire file tree to a CSV, parsing the file paths, re-creating the Virtual Folder setup from VDJ on my disk, then having the script copy each song into its appropriate Virtual Folder. However, before going down that path I wanted to know if something easier already exists. Thanks!

Posté Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 11:49 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Wed 21 Jun 17 @ 9:03 am
Thanks PachN! This works great.

Have you open-sourced the code? If not, would you mind sharing the code so that I can build on top of it? Totally understand if you want to keep it private though. I ran into one snag and that's with tracks that have the same name (but come from different folders on the drive) within the same virtual folder. Currently, the program throws an error for those cases, and doesn't copy the second entry. I'd like to modify that (at least for my own personal use-case) so that if it does encounter the same file twice, it will just append an underscore and number at the end.

Posté Sat 24 Jun 17 @ 3:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Don't know if I still have the source code.
I had a data loss and of course I had a backup... not.
At least not for every project.

Posté Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 7:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)