Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Suggestions on Really Cheap Dj Controllers for Beginners (or a better keyboard map)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello. I just started DJing in Virtual Dj 8 Free version and I really like it. I would like to know if there are any dirty cheap controllers that work on virtual dj that also don't require me to spend 100 dollars on a license. I just this Dell Inspiron 15 7559 laptop and now I don't have much money left. If there aren't any cheap controllers, could someone give me a suggestion on how to map the effects to the keyboard so i can select them and adjust the sliders without touching my mouse. Thanks!

Posté Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 6:53 pm

Posté Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 7:10 pm
I really like that controller. I'll look into it. For the time being, until I can buy the controller, how would you set up your keyboard to change to different effects without using a mouse?

Posté Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 8:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There are many ways to cook this egg. It all depends how you like your eggs.

Even with a controller & launchpad & 2 reloop neons, my keyboard is fully mapped.

Let's say you map Q to flanger (on/off) on fx slot 1
effect_active 'flanger' 1

Let's say you map fx slot 1, slider 1 to turn down on to the \ key
effect_slider 1 1 -1%
(Slider on slot 1, slider 1 down 1%)
And for up on Z key
effect_slider 1 1 +1%

Let's say on W key you want to call the flanger on/off with the first slider preset to 60%

effect_active 'flanger' & effect_slider 'flanger' 1 60%

There's a huge amount more for you to learn, see the script wiki and the user's script database

Posté Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 8:29 pm
Thank You! I will check out the different scripts.

Posté Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 8:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)