Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Auto tagging mp3 year? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I've seen lots of different methods and a few programs for autotagging mp3 with missing data. Some work great, some okay, some not so great at all. But here's my question....

With these autotaggers, almost all of them seem to find reprint dates for the songs. If the album came out in 1976, for example, but was released on CD in 2001... The date tagged to the mp3 ends up being 2001. I'm looking for something that may not exist... An autotagger that actually puts the ORIGINAL release date of a SONG that it matches, regardless of most recent publication or greatest hits compilation or whatever. Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks in advance!

Posté Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 10:14 pm
Yes, it's called Virtual DJ.

One recently added feature was the ability to fill in missing years with data from Discogs, and it (according to Adion) uses the earliest year listed.

Posté Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 10:36 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yes, it's called Virtual DJ.

One recently added feature was the ability to fill in missing years with data from Discogs, and it (according to Adion) uses the earliest year listed.

If this is true, that's awesome. Now... where do I find this feature? It's not something I'm easily running across in the GUI or the options. I'm very human and could be overlooking something really simple.

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 2:04 am
This was added in Early Access build b3789, the current Public build is b3780, so, you would need to enable Early Access builds in the options to get it.

You obviously need to be connected to the internet. The method is to highlight a batch of songs then open the Tag Editor. In the File Info box at the bottom, to the right of the filename, there's a button that gives the option to rename the filename. From build b3789 it will also display 'Fill missing info from Discogs' if there are songs in the batch that have blank info. You can select that and then close the Tag Editor window. You will see it working in the Status Display. It does not overwrite info that's already in the Tag, if you suspect any info is wrong such as the year, then, clear it, save the tag and re-run Discogs to fill in the correct info.

I have initially done my playlists first as a test, next I will be doing my full database. This coupled with the My Library plugin will provide awesome info with genre, year etc.

Cheers
Les

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 7:03 am
DJSoulman wrote :
This was added in Early Access build b3789, the current Public build is b3780

A forum search tells me it was added to 3619 back in February, so no need for early access.

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 8:27 am
The batch feature was only added recently though ....

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 9:44 am
Yep, it was added earlier in single shot mode for testing purposes. The batch feature was added to b3789.

I set mine to do my Video database of 10,000 vids this morning, it's been going 3 hours and has only done 32% so far. Not something to do at a gig. I have my mp3 database of 26,000 to do yet.

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 11:23 am
Luckily I've only (!) got around 3000 tracks without a year tag. They're insignificant ones too. All my major tracks have years (and it's taken years to do).

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 11:55 am
I suspect that some of mine may have the wrong info stored which won't be overwritten. But, it's easier to batch process the lot then fix any that I need to later (more the genre than the year).

It's been going 11 hours now and still only at 70%. Sheesh! my mp3s will probably take a couple of days lol. Still, it's better than doing it manually.

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 4:46 pm
Just finished, that's over 14 hours to process just under 10,000 videos. Obviously, depends on broadband speed.

So, maybe looking at over 35 hours for my mp3s!

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 8:26 pm
It does videos, too? Nice! As soon as this wedding is over and I get home, it's going to be play time.

Thank you for all of the replies!

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 11:15 pm
This seems to not be present in the Mac version.... Just FYI. :(

Posté Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 11:23 pm
It's also not n the Mac version, I've been using it for the past couple of weeks......

Posté Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 12:07 am
I probably just need to do the early release version for my Mac, then. I just changed that option, so hopefully it will show up on the next reboot.

Posté Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 12:10 am
I was using voice to text and it messed up, what I meant to say was....

It is available on the Mac side and yes I've been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Posté Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 2:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
DJSoulman wrote :
Just finished, that's over 14 hours to process just under 10,000 videos. Obviously, depends on broadband speed.

For batch processing the speed is limited mainly by discogs to about 20 songs per minute.

Posté Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:33 am
I know this is an old thread but THANK YOU!!!!

I have spent several hours looking for software that would do this and I didn't think until now to look here!!!!
You have saved me endless hours of manual updating my music.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!!

Posté Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 10:08 am
Adion wrote :
DJSoulman wrote :

For batch processing the speed is limited mainly by discogs to about 20 songs per minute.

What do you mine with BATCH? I can scan for year only one at time? Is there a way to scan more files for year at once?
Thank you

Posté Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 4:25 pm

Posté Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 5:43 pm
NOT working like you describe? sorry

Posté Thu 19 Nov 20 @ 5:40 pm
77%