Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Numark NVII (NV2) - screens and controller freeze and controls are unresponsive

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi - I've just bought a Numark NVII and am having an issue with it. During normal use after random amounts of time, the screens freeze and the controls don't do anything although the music is still playing. After about 5 seconds the screens go really quick and then everything works again. Although I might have to 'catch' the position of a fader or filter again if it was being used when the problem occurred. I am using a 2014 Macbook Pro with the latest version of VDJ. I've tried to adjust the midi refresh time but it doesn't help. I tried to bootcamp to windows, but the screens just freeze really quickly in Windows, although the controls seem to be Ok. I seem to remember reading something about the USB ports on a macbook?

Updating this as I'm going, it has now frozen completely with no response from the controller. The music is still playing and VDJ it still running, but I can't use the controller.

Posté Fri 04 Aug 17 @ 2:42 pm
My NVII has a loose USB port on back causing it to disconnect at random times. Every time I use it I must make sure that USB cable is 100% secured on USB port and that it's not going to move while I'm gigging.
You may want to check if that's the case with your controller as well...

Posté Fri 04 Aug 17 @ 4:16 pm
I tried with 2 different cables and on a netbook I had lying around (I know that's not the best though), but that was in Windows and I still had a very similar issue. I read about a thunderbolt to USB adapter for the Mac that solved issues for an ns7 but they are really expensive and I'm not paying for an adaptor as well just to get the controller to work.

Posté Fri 04 Aug 17 @ 5:12 pm
In my case (I don't say it's the same as yours) it's the USB port on the back of the unit that's loose. Therefore (in my case again) different USB cables make no difference. The connection is always loose and I always have to find a way to secure the cable in position.
May worth checking out:
Start VirtualDj, play something and start moving gently your USB cable on the back of the controller.
If you can reproduce your issue then you know what the problem is. If not, then you can keep searching for other possible causes

Posté Fri 04 Aug 17 @ 6:09 pm
Just got the Numark NVII and during playback with virtual dj, music suddenly stops. Then I have to exit virtual DJ and start it all over for things to work ok again. Any help?

Thanks!

Posté Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 3:26 pm
Give us some details...

Are you running PC or Mac? What's the spec of the computer (does it meet the requirements for the NV II)?

Have you optimized the computer for audio? What's your audio buffer size set to? Have you run a latency checker?

Have you tried swapping out the USB cable? Have you tried using another computer (to determine if it's the computer or the controller/cable)?

Posté Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 5:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)