Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Is there a way to assign more than one function to a single button or slider?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Does the scripting language support having one button or slider execute more than a single function simultaneously? Are there any plans to make that possible?

Thanks!

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 8:07 pm
deck 1 effect_active 1 "echo" & effect_active 2 "flanger"

use & to combine stuff

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 8:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes very possible, tell me exactly what you have in mind and I'll give you the script.

Also you can scale a dial, example a full HW dial turn equals a full dial turn on flanger strength but the the same full HW turn could also equal half a dial turn of echo strength,
Further, you can choose when a sw dial kicks in, the first 50 of you hw dial controls flanger at 50 it stops controlling that and does something else.

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 10:11 pm
Thanks, I wanted to combine the crossfader function with pitch reset. I was able to do this using the instructions you provided, however it ignores the speed parameter on pitch reset no matter what value I use. The intent was to automate pitch matching with returning the target song slowly back to its original pitch after the crossfade.

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 4:38 am
Show me the script you have tried.

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 2:25 pm
crossfader & pitch_reset N% (where N is the percent change per second). This works, but no matter what I set N to, the pitch reset occurs immediately when I start moving the crossfader.

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 4:13 pm
Ah I see, think about what you want
The pitch of the incoming track to reset once you have the XF fully left or right
And what you have asked vdj to do
When I touch the XF I want to control the XF and reset the pitch.
Try this
crossfader & crossfader 0% ? deck 1 pitch_reset 0.5% : crossfader 100% ? deck 2 pitch_reset 0.5% : nothing

does this make sense to you?

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 4:42 pm
haha all i thought he wanted was to link commands .. sry about that

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 5:29 pm
Positive interaction on your part wicked, it all helps.

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 8:54 pm
Thanks to you both, that script worked perfectly and was just what I was looking to do. It has been a very long time since I have done any programming and I am not very good at it. One other refinement I'd like to add is to use auto_crossover (forgive me if this looks like another newbie request, but as I said, I suck at programming.) to make the transition as smooth as possible, how would I change the script?

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 1:38 am
I just wanted to clarify my last request. As I mentioned in the post before, the script suggested worked perfectly. However, I then tried using auto_crossfader with the same parameters and it would not work. The only reason I wanted to try this, is I would much rather have the computer handle the transition as it would be much smoother. I am not sure it would be the best solution in every case but I would like to experiment with it. Thanks.

Posté Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 1:59 am
Oops, ignore me.

Posté Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 8:24 am
On a button then,

auto_crossfade 5000ms & repeat_start "endOfSlider" 33ms & crossfader 0% ? deck 1 pitch_reset 0.5% & repeat_stop "endOfSlider" : crossfader 100% ? deck 2 pitch_reset 0.5% & repeat_stop "endOfSlider" : nothing

*explain edit*
since you've not using the XF anymore then you need to monitor the SW XF position, with a repeat_start script
repeat_start "endOfSlider" 33ms & crossfader 0% ?
will check if the slider is a 0% every 33ms, once it is at 0% it will do it's thing and also perform repeat_stop "endOfSlider"
likewise for the right side [100%]

Posté Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:10 pm
Perfect. Thanks again.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 1:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)