Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Auto "Analyze for BPM etc." When Draging Tracks into Automix

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

When I drag songs from the search results into Automix, it automatically Analyzes them for BPM etc. These are all songs that have already been analyzed though. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? Why is it doing this in the first place. I could understand it if the tracks had not been previously analyzed. Appreciate any help in this. Thanks.

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 10:18 pm
its doing it because there is a new analyzer.

there is a way to turn it off in the early access builds

do u really want it off?

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 10:25 pm
So it sounds like you are saying that the new analyzer requires all tracks to be reanalyzed even if they were analyzed previously. Is that correct?

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 12:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There have been some recent changes in the sound engine (BPM, phase and Gain), so yes every time you load a track to a deck that has not been recently played (with the latest versions) will be auto-re-analyzed.
Tracks you load in Automix are most likely candidates to play next/soon, so yes VirtualDJ takes the time and prepares those songs so that when the time comes to be played the loading process to be faster.
In a future update, we will offer the ability to switch this feature off (when loading to Automix), but it is strongly advised to manually re-analyze all of your tracks (since they will be eventually) and avoid this "unpleasant"/delaying procedure

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 1:18 am
Hi djdad

Why not give users the ability in a future update to choose if there should be a re-scan (re-analyze) for BPM (beatgrid) when loading into a deck (and not only when loading in Automix) or not ?

When you put a lot of effort and time in preparation (for example, my library is 9000+ songs), meaning: analyzing all songs, checking all songs have correct beatgrid (and adjust where wrong) and setting cue-points, saved loops ... you don't want that to be overruled by a software (sound engine) update. Because (automatically) adjusting the beatgrid has consequences on the cue points and saved loops not being accurate anymore.

My beatgrids are set like I want them to be (automatic by VDJ or adjusted manually where needed), so no need for the new algorithm to overwrite the work I manually put into it to correct where the (previous) algorithm was wrong, because I already did that (or I am happy with the result of VDJ doing it for me (and leaving the beatgrid untouched)).

If users don't want put effort in manually adjusting the fault beatgrids, they can choose to let VDJ do the new algorithm re-analyze after an update when loading a track.
For those who put a lot of time and effort in adjusting the beatgrid manually to set it right (or, when checking, leave it as VDJ set it in the first place), let them choose to NOT do the new algorithm analyze and keep the beatgrid as it is. That way the tracks will also load faster (because the software hasn't have to do a (re)scan-for-BPM/beatgrid calculation)

Or why not do it like Traktor does ? Lock the beatgrid (or 'Exclude from auto-re-analyzing') in tracks (option in TAG editor ? Put an on/off lock besides the BPM field in the TAG editor ?) ...

(off topic)

I used VDJ8.2 for the first time yesterday on a 5 hour gig and all went very well ! (new installed HP laptop + Denon MCX8000 controller).
Very smoothly, no problems, no glitches, no hick-ups. Nice working that way.

Being a Traktor Pro user for over 7 years, I'm very satisfied with my switch to VDJ !

Hope to keep it that way ;-)

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 12:21 am
try the 'set it and forget it" method.
drag everything into automix and go to sleep. wake up and it's analyzed and then you never have to worry about it.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 1:01 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I might be totally wrong, but... Doesn't vdj respect user set beatgrids and just jumps over that track while analysing with a new scan version?

Thought I read something about that.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 5:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, manually modified beat-grids will not be changed during the automatic re-scan.
If you also want to preserve the automatic results from the previous analyzer version, you can use the option keepBPMonAnalyzerUpdate for that.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 5:30 pm
Can't seem to find the option you mention, Adion ...
I'm on build 3798.

I got the update recent but not using it yet.
Didn't see any mention of 'keepBPM' option being added in the ChangeLog of the update

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 7:00 pm
that feature was added to this build

BUILD 3846 (2017-07-30)

-Fix flac recording
-Fix mac mp4 video recording on some systems
-Fix database cleanup problem
-Spotify logout fix
-automix_add_next moves song in automix list to next position when selected
-keepBPMonAnalyzerUpdate option to prevent bpm analyzer update from updating bpm/phase

go here to manually download that or newer builds http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 7:09 pm
aha ! it seemed to be added in the 'early access' build 3846, so will be in standard build 3848.
Will use the update build 3848 right away ! :-)

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 7:14 pm
yep, our posts crossed each other wickedmix ;-)

Great job from the programmers !

Posté Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 7:21 pm
labbedjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
One answer say something different than the next one. So, the manually beatgrid corrected won’t be reseted by virtual if setting is on. Quite confusing.somethin like a double negative thing. Please can you clarify. Thanks

Posté Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 6:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Manually corrected beat grids will never change automatically. They would only be reset if you manually request to re-scan the file.

Posté Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 7:17 am
The answer was always clear:
Upgrades on BPM engine NEVER changed BPM's for tracks that you had edited manually.
Upgrades on BPM engine will rescan tracks that are already scanned with the older engine (if they have not been changed manually).
Also now there's an option to turn this behavior off (and keep your old BPMs and use the new engine only for new tracks)
Finally, under ANY case, if you right click on a track (or a bunch of tracks) and select "Reanalyze for BPM e.t.c" the BPM engine will rescan and will OVERWRITE the previous settings for the track, no matter what.

Posté Fri 23 Nov 18 @ 7:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)