Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Hey, Can I help someone connect my pioneer DJM 850 & 2 XDJ-1000MK2 ?? Thanks in advance!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey,

Can I help someone connect my pioneer DJM 850 & 2 XDJ-1000MK2 ??

Thanks in advance!!

Posté Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 9:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 12:56 am
Hang on a sec...

If he's connecting the DJM to USB and using its soundcard, configured as shown (external mixer mode), then why does he need to connect RCA cables from the XDJs to the DJM? Surely the audio will be feeding straight from VDJ to each channel of the DJM?

My method would be to use the XDJ soundcards (as they're already connected to USB for control of VDJ). Set VDJ to "external mixer" mode, but select the XDJs as audio outputs for each deck - then you would connect the XDJs to the DJM with RCA cables.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 6:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why would you prefer to use the XDJ's instead of the DJM as audio device?
That's just adding an extra analog link in the mix (with risk of degraded sound quality or bad cables) without adding any benefit.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 7:50 am
Well the XDJs are primarily standalone media players, so having their audio outputs connected to the mixer means that they can be used with flash drives too, without too much trouble. Plus, if they're being used as the "decks" (controlling VDJ) then it's logical that the audio should also come from them.

BTW they do have SPDIF digital outs, if you don't like analog :-)

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 8:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)