Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Bug Report VDJ 8.2 & Denon HC4500

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Been a while since I've needed to look into getting a bug fixed but I've only just updated to V8.2.

Controller is a Denon DN HC4500.

Two issues. One, text 1 & 2 are not scrolling on the controller screen leaving the beginning or end of the title and artist "chopped off". When tested on VDJ 7.4.7 text scrolls normally. Personally I'd prefer it was just "align left", as if it's scrolling, if you go to quickly read the screen and its showing the end of the title and artist, you have to wait for it to scroll back to read the beginning of the text.

Three FX buttons do not remember settings.
Buttons are programmed with the "menu" setting on the MEMO button. This button is also used to set up the 5 preset buttons as cues or samples, and the selected sample you want played. The 5 preset buttons save correctly and show up after restarting VDJ. The 3 FX buttons after being set as effects, and a restart of VDJ are blank & need all six FX buttons to be reset for each shift.

For the moment I'll need to manually map the buttons, but it would be good if the problem could be fixed.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 1:33 pm

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 2:31 pm
Thanks. Looked it up, and looked at the code for the default mapper, but it's looking too complicated for me.

The same button MEMO calls the 'menu' command, to set both the cue buttons and the fx buttons, but only the FX buttons are forgotten.

What variable would I change, if there is one? Looking inside the mapper the code is pretty much exactly the same for the 8 buttons. Seems the menu function is internal but the effect function applied to the FX buttons is not saved.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 6:43 pm
Well these variables can be written into a skin too, not just into controller mapping.

So if it was in a skin, you wouldn't need to change the controller mapping. The skin would store the change when you activated the script/command (by pressing a button etc), regardless of whether a controller was connected.

Assuming you're using your skin (the one I fixed), it wouldn't have those variables because it was written before they existed.

They can be added though...

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 6:59 pm

Not sure I follow? I'm aware you can have global and local variables. But all these functions to store cues or sampler are inside VDJ. They arnt in the mapper or my skin.

MEMO = MENU
HOT1 = MENU_BUTTON 1 'HOTCUE, SAMPLER'
FX1 = MENU_BUTTON 6 'EFFECT'

I see no variables in there. It's using an internal MENU function of VDJ isn't it?

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 7:34 pm
Ok, further testing shows that all short title and artist text shows fine. aligned to the left.

If the text "should" be scrolling, it seems to be frozen "mid, scroll", Ie, every time i reload the track it appears in a different spot horizontally on the screen.

Posté Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 4:16 pm
Should I post this somewhere else so the devs see it?

More tests confirm the scrolling Text is frozen. If you hit the automix button on the deck it shows AUTOMIX On.. Then shows the scrolled text in a different spot on the screen with different letters missing.

Be hood to get this fixed. Surly it's not frozen on every controller?

Posté Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 3:29 pm
halo_djk wrote :
Should I post this somewhere else so the devs see it?

I think they may have already seen it - check the first line in the change log of the Early Access build that was released today:

BUILD 3870

-Fix scrolling of text on midi controllers such as Denon HC-4500
-Fix webm recording on mac
-Improve lyrics lookup in video editor
-Fix get_featuring_after_artist
-Fix ask the dj twitter hash tags not shown
-Fix autocue not working if song moves slightly due to vibrations during load
-Fix pitch wobble on fast pitch changes

Posté Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 4:14 pm
Will check later today. Thanks.

Posté Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 5:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)