Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Beeping noise in VDJ 8.2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have a DDJ SB hooked up to my pc with VJD 8.2, but when nothings playing I constantly hear a beeping noise in the rythim of the play/pause and cue buttons on my DDJ SB. When I play a song the beeping will become a constant beep. Anyone knows where this comes from / how to fix it? I noticed too that when I go to my sound settings, and go to recording devices, theres suddenly the continous beep too. Fiddling with my master doesnt affect how loud the sound becomes, tho.
Anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Posté Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 2:26 pm
Sounds like some kind of interference.

Are you using a laptop? If so, try again with the laptop running just on battery power, and see if there's a noise.

Are you hearing this via the SB's master output (i.e. you're connecting speakers to the SB)?

It could be interference from the surrounding environment. Does it make any difference if you relocate the SB?

Posté Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 2:33 pm
Im using it on a desktop. Restarting multiple times and pluggin into other ports didnt work. I have my speakers directly into my SB, but the master knob does not affect how loud the beeping is.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 3:13 pm
ChrisHen wrote :
pluggin into other ports didnt work

That's not what I meant by relocate. I mean just literally pick up the SB and move it around. Move it further away from the computer or from the screen.

You may need to use a USB cable that has ferrite beads/chokes on it, to stop RFI.

Do you have another computer (maybe a laptop?) in another location that you could try?

If it doesn't beep in the other location, then it's either the PC you're using now, or your immediate environment.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 3:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Seems like your Mic Input is picking up some audio signal. Any chance you have this enabled ?

Posté Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 3:46 pm
ChrisHen wrote :
pluggin into other ports didnt work
That's not what I meant by relocate. I mean just literally pick up the SB and move it around. Move it further away from the computer or from the screen.

You may need to use a USB cable that has ferrite beads/chokes on it, to stop RFI.

Do you have another computer (maybe a laptop?) in another location that you could try?

If it doesn't beep in the other location, then it's either the PC you're using now, or your immediate environment.

I have tried fysically moving it, didnt help.

Seems like your Mic Input is picking up some audio signal. Any chance you have this enabled ?

I have it disabled. Tried disabling everything, but no result: still the beeping. Are there settings in VDJ for the play button beeping, because I find it weird that it beeps when the play button is lit.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 5:03 pm
Does this beep happen when a track is in the cue position? Look at your waveform. When you hear the beep, does your waveform move to the beep?

Posté Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 6:42 pm
Did you find anything to resolve this issue? I'm having a very faint but audibly noticeable beeping when using VDJ 8 as well and it is confirmed only beeping when VDJ is open. I use it professionally so I'd love to have it resolved.

Posté Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 12:37 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Can someone record this beep on their cell phone or other audio device and then post a sample link here?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 1:16 am
that happends to a buddy of mines but he is running a Staton DJC.4 with VDJ 7.4... beeps in rhythm with the cue and play button when the led on control are flashing .... master volume dont affect the loudness and u can hear it in the headphones! it might be interfirence from the leds on control... try having them not flashing if possible!

Posté Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 11:04 pm
Interference like that (noise coming out of a circuit because of changes in powerdraw of the system) usually appears because of poor quality or inadequate PSU, or bad electrical system (electric supply)

The first thing someone should try is to change USB cable to a higher quality one equipped with interference suppressors (ferites)
If that cable doesn't help then you need to try to connect your PC in a different power outlet. Use an extension cord and try as many outlets as you can in order to avoid trying only one that's on the same circuit with your current one.
If that fails then the last resort is to try different PC/PSU which is not easy but it should eliminate the issue.

Noise coming out because of a bad controller board is NOT common at all.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 6:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)