Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Audio Not Playing on Channel 3/4 - Not able to use Headphones

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,

I just bought the Numark Mixtrack 3 (not pro).
I can properly use the controller to control the tracks, etc. I also have a USB Sabrent soundcard.
If I go to the options menu, and select speakers + headphones, that is where I run into issues.

I have it set up like this:

Master - Speakers (Realtek High Def...)(WASAPI) - Chan 1 & 2 ------ This works
Headphones - USB Audio Device - Chan 3 & 4 ------ Does not work

I have switched the channel from one device to another and it works:

Master - Speakers (Realtek High Def...)(WASAPI) - Chan 3 & 4 ------ Doesn't work
Headphones - USB Audio Device - Chan 1 & 2 ------ Does work

So for some reason, channel 3 & 4 are not playing anything, I concluded that the USB soundcard is fully functional.
I have the Numark Mixtrack 3 license (24 days remaining).

Any ideas, suggestions, or magic spells?

Posté Sun 01 Oct 17 @ 3:59 am
If you're using two different interfaces, and those interfaces are stereo, you need to use 1 & 2 on each of them.

Unless they are multi channel interfaces, they will only have two channels (i.e. stereo left and right).

Also try to ensure that the chosen interfaces are NOT being used as default by Windows.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 17 @ 8:39 am
Thank you for the suggestion.

It did not work.

Here is what I currently am doing:

- Went to the list of devices in the Windows Sound management. I selected something else that is not those two devices as default.

- Went back in VDJ and selected both devices to play over channel 1 & 2.
- Both do play over both audio outputs (Speakers Realtek HD) and (USB Audio Device).
- I press the headphone button on my controller and I assume that should mute it from playing out loud to the master (which are my speakers) and only play on my headphones. They do not, even when I press the headphone button, it is still playing over master. I turn the Cue Mix button down or up and it still plays on the master.

- Also, if it were easier for me to show screenshots, what is the best quick way to link images so that you guys can see the setup?

Thank you all.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 17 @ 2:20 pm
DJNotEnough wrote :

- Also, if it were easier for me to show screenshots, what is the best quick way to link images so that you guys can see the setup?

There is an image upload function in the bottom of the page when you post. The last square

Posté Sun 01 Oct 17 @ 3:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That is not how the headphones channel works btw.
The headphones channel does not affect the master output channel at all.
If you don't want to hear the song on the master output you use the volume faders or crossfader to mute it.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 17 @ 3:26 pm
oh... my.... god....

That makes more sense.....

Well.... Now you guys can tell I am new to this.

This whole time I had the crossfader at 50%, so I would constantly be hearing both. Ughhh.....

Welp, at least I am trying to learn?

*Facepalm* Do not throw tomatoes at me. Thank you guys. Case closed.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 17 @ 3:45 pm
Hi guys, so I played at this house party approximately 4 months ago and I haven't touched my controller since. I have a Pioneer DDJ SX controller and it is in mint condition, nothing was ever wrong with it. So, I hook everything up as usual to my KRK speakers in my room for the first time in 4 months and all channels are on mute and will not let me adjust volume through the controller and will not let me use any filters for any channel besides channel 1. Only channel 1 works as it should and isnt muted on startup. I recently added "MUTE" buttons on the channels which helped but I still have no control through my controller of any of the buttons on channels 2, 3 and 4. I have tried everything I don't know what to do. Please help.

Posté Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 5:31 am
You need to have the input selectors on PC for them to be available to VDJ. If they're switched to another position, VDJ will mute those channels.

Posté Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 6:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)