Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet help with keyboard hotkeys

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

complyHome userMember since 2017
hi, im trying to have hotkeys like punch in buttons on a mixer but cant get it to work properly, i have this code in the custom mapping:

crossfader 0% ? crossfader 50% : crossfader 0% play while_pressed

Posté Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 9:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't fully understand what you want, talk me thru your script and what you want it to do.

Posté Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 3:42 am
hi, i want buttons to play each deck so it effectively brings deck 1 to middle of crossfader then when button is released it goes back to where it was. 20 years ago some mixers had buttons for this (one for each deck), doesn't seem so popular now cant see any mixer with them.

Posté Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 9:10 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ok that makes your script attempt clearer, the play bit was throwing me (like you wanted cue&transform/punch )

You almost had it
Try this

crossfader 0% ? crossfader 50% while_pressed : crossfader 100% ? crossfader 50% while_pressed : nothing

That will work for either side given xf fully either way.
Now, depends on you but, you could want to have your punch work even if the xf is neither 0 or 100%

To do that you'd query xf less than 50%, if true have any decks assigned to rightcross bypass the xf while pressed, if false query xf greater than 50% and if true leftcross deck bypass the xf while pressed.

I can honestly see a use for an eq punch, I might add this to the script database once I'm near my machine to test.

Posté Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 3:16 pm
hi again, i couldn't get your code to work but tried similar and got it working
crossfader < crossfader 50% ? : crossfader 50% while_pressed : nothing

i am not sure if it is the visual movements of the crossfaderslowing it down but it doesn't work fast enough for what i need, i also tried same thing with the volume but was similar outcome:

deck 1 volume 100% while_pressed

i am wondering if there is a way of bypassing the visual movements of the crossfader? also i am finding while the keys are being pressed i cant use the mouse for other things, is there a way round this?

Posté Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 11:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)