Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Tags lost when switching between laptop and desktop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everyone,

I use Virtual DJ Pro v.8.2 with Windows 7 on my laptop as well as an external hard disk with my mp3 and mp4 files. Sometimes I connect my hard drive from my laptop to my desktop which also contains Virtual DJ Pro v.8.2 with Windows 10.

A few days ago, I connected my external hard drive to my desktop and for the first time I noticed that the majority of my BPM as well as in '' TAG EDITOR '' fields '' GENRE '' and '' COLOR '' was missing. I reconnected my external hard drive on my laptop and it was the same thing, no more BPM as well the "TAG EDITOR" etc ...

I know there is a way to put everything back in order so I can have the BPM again as well as the TAG EDITOR but I have no idea how to do it. I would also like to know what might have caused this problem.

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS:
When I update my music, I do a backup of the Virtual DJ folder from my C drive"MY DOCUMENT" of my internal hard disk of my laptop. Should I copy all or only some files?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 1:52 am

Shouldn't be any need to copy the C drive "my document" stuff over..
all the database info, folders etc are stored on the external drive, in a root folder called "VirtualDJ"

But even if you did copy "my documents" things, the external drive should still be intact with all the track data there.

Did the problem prevail or is it all good? it could be that you had two instances of VirtualDJ running at same time perhaps.
Or there is a read permission error on desktop for the external drive maybe.

Posté Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 3:53 pm
Support staff wrote :

Shouldn't be any need to copy the C drive "my document" stuff over..
all the database info, folders etc are stored on the external drive, in a root folder called "VirtualDJ"

But even if you did copy "my documents" things, the external drive should still be intact with all the track data there.

Did the problem prevail or is it all good? it could be that you had two instances of VirtualDJ running at same time perhaps.
Or there is a read permission error on desktop for the external drive maybe.

Thank you for your respond, really appreciated!

Posté Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 2:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)