Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet V8.2 b3954 crashes & freeze with DDJ-RR

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, i got a actual problem with Virtual DJ V8.2 b3954. When i connect my Pioneer DJ DDJ-RR VDJ starts to freeze and chrashes, i tried the normal Midi and general Midi mode on my DDJ-RR.
I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo T470p i7-7700HQ with 16 GB RAM, all drivers and firmwares are up to date.

I never had a freeze or crashing problem with VDJ before. Can anyone comment or reproduce this issue / error?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 7:18 pm
Ok, i'll first try to delete settings.xml, after that i'll try build for build backwards to the problem.
Unfortunatly i don't have time to test the issue this week.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 7:22 pm
What version are the best for my controller Dj2Go 2 please help me with that an send me the link

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 12:34 pm
user16601510 wrote :
What version are the best for my controller Dj2Go 2 please help me with that an send me the link

Latest version:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Works natively with your controller out of the box

Remember to buy a license if you want to use it with your controller for more than a short trial period

Posté Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 3:21 pm
djdad wrote :
Can you go back to a previous Build and see if it is VirtualDJ update related ? I doubt anything has been changed regarding controllers, so could be really anything.

I would also try to delete or rename the settings.xml (from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder) and try again, just in case a setting is responsible for this.

If none of the above helps, then i am afraid the issue could be something complicated (related to a Windows update) or something much simpler such as a bad USB cable.

well said

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 7:49 am
Same problems with my RR with the september / october build.
I downgrade to june build...
No issues

Posté Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 12:33 pm
Mauro Verdoliva wrote :
No issues

sweet =)

Posté Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 5:35 pm
same problem I'm having with the latest version. I'm going to try and load the previous version and see if the problem is still there. At first I thought it was my Mac, but everything else seems to be working just fine.
Will try and reload previous version, (I'm not sure how), but will see if I can and how it works out and report back.

Posté Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 9:01 pm
Still having this issu that VDJ freezes completely on Windows 10 with the DDJ-RR.
Have tried now different firmware version of the DDJ-RR, but its no effekt.
Have tried now diffrent drivers of the DDJ-RR, but still don't work.
Have tried different / older versions of VDJ, but doesn't work with any available Versions of VDJ.

I think that this problem could be caused by Windows 10 itself, maybe there is an incompatibility between Win 10, VDJ and the driver managment.
I'm running Win 10 Build 16299

The DDJ-RR works fine with Rekordbox.

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 5:56 pm
Mauro Verdoliva wrote :
No issues

Which build no is this?

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 5:57 pm
Any new ideas about this issue?

Posté Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 6:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you get the freeze right from the start or after a while ?

Have you tried a different USB cable ?

Also , while the DDJ-RR is connected (and before you open VDJ), open the Windows Playback Devices (right-click on the speaker icon in systray) and select your computer's built-in speaker as default device (in case the RR is selected).

Posté Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 9:53 am
djdad wrote :
Do you get the freeze right from the start or after a while ?

Have you tried a different USB cable ?

Also , while the DDJ-RR is connected (and before you open VDJ), open the Windows Playback Devices (right-click on the speaker icon in systray) and select your computer's built-in speaker as default device (in case the RR is selected).

Thanks for your reply!

VDJ freezes when it recognizes the DDJ-RR.
If the device is connected at the start it freezes immediately.
If i plug in the device while VDJ is running, VDJ freezes.

Yes, tried different cables and slots.

Non of the DDJ-RR devices are set to default in Windows Option, for that i've set the internal Realtek device as standard.

Now I'm on VDJ 8.2 build 4002, and it freezes as all other builds.
As I wrote before, there are no issues with the DDJ-RR when using Rekordbox. But VDJ won't even run - it freezes when it recognizes the DDJ-RR.

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 6:14 am
I had a tough morning and finally solved my problem.

BIOS Update, Chipset Firmware, Chipset Driver
Firmware Re-Update DDJ-RR, Driver Re-Install of the DDJ-RR.
Uninstall VDJ completely (Backing up my Playlists), Reinstall VDJ, Set VDJ to factory settings.

Finally the DDJ-RR works again with VDJ and I'm really happy about this!

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 7:02 am
Glad you sorted it out.

But still wondering if it was the BIOS Update or the VDJ Settings to factory default.

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:03 am
So for that I can't say what was the problem.

BTW, if the DDJ-RR is connected it show up twice in the VDJ controller settings, maybe can this cause a problem too?
I see the Controller doubled with all featrues in the settings.

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:11 am
No, thats normal for the DDJ-RR
The unit offers the faders and Jogwheel as HID, so we used that Protocol to map those keys and leave the rest on MIDI.
So in the list, one device is the HID (Faders, Jogwheel) and the other is the MIDI (buttons, Leds etc)

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:14 am
I have a problem with my version of my VDJ v1932.768. My audio driver suddenly disconnected with our CDJ-850 after an hour of playing. Im a club DJ and I always experiencing that every night! Can someone please help me what to do?

Posté Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 1:23 am
user15445159 wrote :
I have a problem with my version of my VDJ v1932.768. My audio driver suddenly disconnected with our CDJ-850 after an hour of playing. Im a club DJ and I always experiencing that every night! Can someone please help me what to do?

the current build is 5046 you need to update

Posté Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 9:04 am
After multiply crashes & freezes with DDJ-RR on windows 10 dekstop Pc where was only one solution which fixed an issue in my case.
BIOS Update! Makes sure that you using the latest version of BIOS on you motherboard otherwise device will be not recnognized while trying to install on windows, it couses crashes & freezes no matter what usb port you gonna be plugging in or re-installing drivers and etc.
Updating your BIOS can be done from BIOS menu via internet connection (Asus Rog Motherboards) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivDY1kH8xKw
Or try to find similar way dependenig from your motherboar BIOS.
Have a good DJ mixing! :)

Posté Sun 24 Nov 19 @ 4:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)