Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] Reloop Touch controller - VirtualDJ 8 Pro included - Page: 10

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
You could easily buy a Behringer MINIFBQ FBQ800 Compact 9-band Graphic Equalizer with FBQ Feedback Detection for under $70 and have full control over your Mic.

Posté Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 10:33 pm
Yay, Bob's got three stars now! Welcome to the Pro club. :-)

Posté Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 5:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yay, Bob's got three stars now! Welcome to the Pro club. :-)

Yeah , I have contacted support and I have quoted a comment now !!! Thanks !!!

Posté Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 8:35 pm
Actually I miss 3 things on the Reloop Touch : 2 usb-stick inputs , a recordplayer-input and a CD-player-input , and its not clear to me why it has no inputs at all . Isnt this a bit strange ? I really would like to know the idea behind this .

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 4:54 pm
I guess it's meant to be a pure controller

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 5:18 pm
Also, if they give you everything now, how will they get you to buy the MKll? You have to look at the big picture. That's how Apple keeps you sitting outside for two weeks, to buy a new phone every year, with one new feature, that Samsung had three years ago.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:00 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Also, if they give you everything now, how will they get you to buy the MKll? You have to look at the big picture. That's how Apple keeps you sitting outside for two weeks, to buy a new phone every year, with one new feature, that Samsung had three years ago.

This is my first professional controller , but I'm sure more experienced DJ's will find this lack of inputs disturbing . So its not very good marketing I guess .

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:28 pm
OceanBob wrote :
Actually I miss 3 things on the Reloop Touch : 2 usb-stick inputs , a recordplayer-input and a CD-player-input , and its not clear to me why it has no inputs at all . Isnt this a bit strange ? I really would like to know the idea behind this .

Look at the price. There's your answer.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:34 pm
OceanBob wrote :
its not clear to me why it has no inputs at all

Because it's a controller. It's designed purely to be used with DJ software on a computer.

It's certainly not the only one on the market with no hardware mixing ability. If it had those additional things you mention, it would cost more.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:47 pm
groovindj wrote :
OceanBob wrote :
its not clear to me why it has no inputs at all

Because it's a controller. It's designed purely to be used with DJ software on a computer.

It's certainly not the only one on the market with no hardware mixing ability. If it had those additional things you mention, it would cost more.

So what would be the additional electronics for a few inputs ? Would that cost more than 50 dollars ? I'm not sure a few inputs are really that expensive . Correct me if I'm wrong .

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:06 pm
OceanBob wrote :
Correct me if I'm wrong .

You're wrong! When a unit has a "mixer" which is purely used to control software, that mixer isn't really a mixer (in hardware terms) at all - it's just a bunch of knobs and faders that send data to the computer. There's no audio circuitry.

If you had hardware inputs then that mixer would really need to be a mixer, with all the extra electronics.

Example: there are lots of MIDI controllers on the market that are just knobs and faders (e.g. Akai MIDIMix) that cost very little. If they were proper hardware mixers with inputs, then they would cost a lot more.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:48 pm
Ok , thanks for the clear answer , now I know why the Reloop Touch is so cheap . If they make the same one with inputs I will sure buy it , but for now I think I will buy an additional controller , maybe the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 . Good choice ?

By the way , how do you quote a few words or one line of a comment , without quoting the whole comment ?

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 8:44 pm
The SX2 is good - I have one myself.

As for the quotes, when you're on the message editing screen, just remove the text (between the quote codes) that you don't want.

Tip: At the lower right of the message editing screen is the text -BB Code syntax which you can click to get more info.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 9:02 pm
OceanBob wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :

This is my first professional controller , but I'm sure more experienced DJ's will find this lack of inputs disturbing . So its not very good marketing I guess .

Ok, you were a little impulsive, we all have been. Even some professionals are still impulsive, and just want the shiny new toy. Most of us take the time to look at all the features, and make a decision based on our needs now and in the future. One thing to keep in mind, when a new product is released, the company already have 2 to 3 upgrades ready or in development, based on the sales of the first one. So, I don't find the lack of these features disturbing, but a good business decision.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 9:09 pm
I certainly dont regret buying the Reloop Touch , but I guess its allways fun to have more controllers .

Posté Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 12:03 am
Please help me!!! I have been trying to set up the Reloop Touch Controller for a couple of days and I can't get it to work. I know it shouldn't be that complicated (especially since I already have Virtual DJ 8 on my computer), which by the way is a Mac OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6 (in case you need to know that). The problem I am having seems to be installing the drivers. I have followed the directions, but still can't get them to work. The main problem I seem to be having is installing the Display Driver. I get to the Display Link (see attached), and then click on display link software installer, and when I do I get a message (see attached), "DisplayLink Driver can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of the DisplayLink driver is already installed," and it won't let me go any further with the installation. What does that mean? And how do I fix that? Also, I can't seem to get the touch screen to work. I keep tapping on all the different options on the screen, but it won't do anything.
Also, when I plug in the Reloop into the USB in my laptop, the screen on my laptop changes to what the normal display on Virtual DJ looks like (see attached), to only part of Virtual DJ (see attached). Is that the way it is supposed to look like? I thought that the normal Virtual DJ would still display on my laptop, like it usually does, even with the Reloop Touch plugged in. Is that not correct? Also, since I already have Virtual DJ 8 on my laptop, I was told that I don't need to download the version that came with the Reloop Touch, and all I need to do is download (see attached). Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!!

Scott

Posté Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 2:23 am
I would go for a clean install of VirtualDJ , using a free program like IObit Uninstaller ( I hope this is not advertising ) , which removes all VirtualDJ related files ( not the music ofcourse ). Further it wouldnt harm to install a free program like Driver Booster to make sure all your mac drivers are updated ( I think its called MacBooster ) . Calibrating the touchscreen is done by typing in "calibrate" in the search-section of your Operating System , which will show you how to calibrate the touchscreen . For the rest I'm a technical dumbo , so maybe someone else has a better idea of how to help you out .

And whatsup with all the empty posts ???

Posté Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 3:42 am
Thanks for responding to my post so quickly, and for the helpful advice Ocean Bob, I really appreciate it!

Sorry for all of the empty posts, I was doing some testing, because my attachments didn't seem to want to go through at first. And I couldn't figure out how to delete the empty posts. Do you know how to?

Thanks again!

Posté Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 4:24 am
I was finally able to get the display link driver downloaded (see attached), however, there is still no display showing on the reloop touch. And I don't understand why???

Posté Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 6:52 am
How can I setup multiple touch screens in Windows 10?

Make sure an external keyboard is connected to the PC. Also make sure that windows is set to extended desktop for the second monitor (press WindowsKey+P to check or correct).

This should cover all multi monitor situations. Each added monitor should just result in another screen needing to be touched or skipped with [Enter].

1. Click the Start Menu and start typing [Tablet PC Settings].

2. When visible Click [Tablet PC Settings].

3. Click [Setup]

4. Touch the touchscreen that is asked to touch ("Touch this screen to identify it as touchscreen"). If it is not a touchscreen, press [Enter].

5. Press [Enter] when it asks you to.

6. Touch the touchscreen that is asked to touch ("Touch this screen to identify it as touchscreen"). If it is not a touchscreen, press [Enter].

7. The application should close when all attached monitors are accounted for. You can now test if touch works on both screens (you cannot use the touch of both screens simultaneously).

8. Restart the computer and verify if the touch still works on both screens (you cannot use the touch of both screens simultaneously).

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Posté Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 7:09 am
85%