Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] Reloop Touch controller - VirtualDJ 8 Pro included - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
nicholas123 wrote :
what is the quality and build of the buttons and faders on this controller?

Only time say , how good is this controller , but idea is fantastic

Posté Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 10:03 pm
Sometimes I wonder what these Manufactures be thinking. Now this is just my opinion, but this is a horrible design. Lacks.

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 1:13 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Sometimes I wonder what these Manufactures be thinking. Now this is just my opinion, but this is a horrible design. Lacks.

Really?
I'm loving it - clean yet innovative
I've already ordered mine :-)

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 4:02 pm
I quite like it. If only it had EQ on the mic. Close but no cigar........

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 4:16 pm
Yeah, it's not ideal but....

How often are you going to use the mic compared to playing music? Not very much I'd guess. So does it really matter if the mic is not EQ'd for that very short time?

Also if the mic needs EQ so badly, maybe the issue is the mic? If it's proximity effect then you can get an inline high pass filter (Shure make one).

Alternatively a small mixer (even something as simple as a Xenyx 502) would give you EQ.

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 4:31 pm
I normally add a mini mixer between controller and PA to have an extra eq for adjusting to the room while using the eq on the controller for mixing
That means that I also use the mixer for 2 mics and effects for these mics, so I don't use the mic input on the controller
It also gives me an emergency channel for playing music if something goes wrong with the laptop and the controller - so I don't need line-ins on the controller
It also gives me a booth out option if needed, so I don't need that on the controller
Since the length of the cable between the controller and the mixer is going to be about 50cm long, I rarely use balanced out on controllers (even though this unit actually has that)

So the things I might miss on this controller are the long throw pitch faders and the big jogwheels from the Reloop Terminal Mix series.
But I'll give the ones on this controller a chance and see how well they work :-)

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 4:55 pm
I was thinking of a mixer just between the mic and the mic input - but your method is more versatile.

My only concern with your method would be that the mixer has to be at least equal in quality to the controller, otherwise you'd be losing quality by feeding a good controller into a cheap basic mixer.

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 5:03 pm
groovindj wrote :
I was thinking of a mixer just between the mic and the mic input - but your method is more versatile.

My only concern with your method would be that the mixer has to be at least equal in quality to the controller, otherwise you'd be losing quality by feeding a good controller into a cheap basic mixer.

Yes, true. But in my experience it's the pre-amps and the effect units on the cheap mixers that are below par
For line-ins where you only use analog eq-ing and volume, I can't really tell the difference between the different price levels of mixers
So to me it looks like analog eq and volume is so old and proven tech, that it's hard to do wrong anymore
But especially the pre-amps for mics are pretty bad on cheap mixes.
So I wouldn't use them for a singer. But for line-ins and DJ speak I'm ok with them :)

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 5:19 pm
I have to use the mic a lot in all my gigs. Personality DJ not one of those drones playing mind numbing EDM all night :)

All I need is a slight bass cut and a slight treble boost.

I have the Beyerdynamic TGV70D which is an almost perfect mic.

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 6:17 pm
You guys are killing me. As professional DJ's, you guys have very short memories. Which company puts out a product that has everything in it's initial launch? How many controllers did Pioneer put out before it got to the DDJ-RZX? It's a rhetorical question, stop counting. Some of you said the exact same thing with the SB,SR,SX, and the SZ. Some of you actually bought and upgraded a few times. But wait, there's more. Then you went out and bought the version 2 of said controllers. Then you bought the RR line. If I give you everything in the beginning, how am I going to continue to make more money off of you?

I waited a long time to buy a Pioneer DDJ-SR controller, and it did not have all of the things I needed for a main unit. So I bought it to upgrade my club unit, the Hercules RMX2. As soon as I bought it, they upgraded the DDJ-SZ. That meant that the SR was the only controller in that series, that had not been upgraded, so I returned it, got the DDJ-SB2 at a great deal, and waited. Sure enough, the DDJ-SR2 was released. As soon as it is supported, I will get that. It is still not going to be my main controller, as I still use the Denon MC6000 for that (now that was a great controller).

Even though the MC6000 was their top controller, they have released several controllers at lower and higher price points. They continue to make money, off of the same customer base. This will be no different. Don't tell anyone that I said this, but I'll bet they are also looking at the big picture. This will just be the first in a line of controllers, and they will just continue to add more features. They may even shoot themselves in the foot, and do what Denon did with the MC6000MKII (they still made money, just not off of me).

So I will take a wait and see approach. I am even holding off on the DDJ-SR2, at least until I actually touch this controller. I also believe that most of us do not actually need another controller, we just want the new stuff. I know I need the DDJ-RZX like I need a hole in my head, but I just want it.

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 7:59 pm
I think they should built in a small optimized tablet PC in my opinion! what is the point to bring this controller and laptop as well we dj's need lees to carry around plus we need optimized pc that would be nice to see in near future so nobody did this yet ....
Something similar like this but pc built in the controller that would be nice to see just connect external hard drive and that's it plug and play..
or maybe they could make just controller with the place where you could insert a tablet PC to be removable ,to be like built in stand ,so we can remove it and prepare on the go that would be great I think!

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 8:52 pm
Would have bought this in a heartbeat but looks like there is no eq on the mic channel. Definitely rules it out for me i am afraid. Looks fantastic though

Posté Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 10:10 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
did they just lower the price 100 euros? the vendor i bought it from just refunded me 89 euros to my paypal. and now its selling for 589 euros?

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 2:39 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
hh73 wrote :
did they just lower the price 100 euros? the vendor i bought it from just refunded me 89 euros to my paypal. and now its selling for 589 euros?

It could be your lucky day, lol

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 2:53 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i think its coming very soon. now the shop says they are in stock. and its going to sell out fast. i was told when i bought it on friday to expect a delivery time of november 11.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 3:41 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posté Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 5:46 pm
Hi, TEAMER said this, "Its a pro license for life, with one limitation, it can only be used with a Reloop Touch controller."
Why is that the case, unlike buying VDJ8 Pro for any other controller?
I am considering buying this controller and that is a bummer if true, because if I buy another controller I would have to buy VDJ8 again.
Particularly painful when it's the most costly software out there.

Is it able to run other software as an alternative? Like Traktor Pro 2, do you know?

Cheers,
Ken.

Posté Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 4:51 am
Kenny Speed wrote :
Hi, TEAMER said this, "Its a pro license for life, with one limitation, it can only be used with a Reloop Touch controller."
Why is that the case, unlike buying VDJ8 Pro for any other controller?

It's common when you get software with a controller that it's licensed for that controller only, and only work with that controller
VDJ already has that kind of option built in, since you can already buy a license for a specific controller cheaper than the full pro version

I'm not sure if it is a limitation in this case though, or if you get the full pro version, but if Atomix says so, it's probably the way it is
It makes sense, because then you don't just hand out $300 worth of software which is almost half the price of the unit.
And most people won't care, plus the people who already paid full price for the VDJ software won't get mad that other people get it "for free" (as part of the package)

Kenny Speed wrote :
Is it able to run other software as an alternative? Like Traktor Pro 2, do you know?

I believe that unlike for instance Pioneer controllers, this controller i fully open (not locked to a specific software)
So I would guess that within weeks someone will make a Traktor mapping for it
I'm not sure Traktor can control screens at all though, so the screen may not be supported in a Traktor mapping

Regarding other software like Rekordbox DJ or Serato, they have closed ecosystems, so nobody outside the companies can map a new controller
I don't think that either of those companies will choose to support the Reloop Touch, because they only support new units as part of a greater business plan

Posté Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 5:55 am
klausmogensen wrote :

I'm not sure Traktor can control screens at all though, so the screen may not be supported in a Traktor mapping

Actually the screen on this controller is part of your desktop.
So, you can use it anyway you want.
You can drag the entire Traktor window on it and work, or you can have VirtualDj running on your laptop as usual and drag your DMX software on Touch Screen, or use a skin with detachable browser and drag the browser, or create a window with the sampler and drag only the sampler on it, e.t.c.
You can even drag solitaire and start playing if you are really bored at a gig... :P

Posté Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:46 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

Actually the screen on this controller is part of your desktop.
So, you can use it anyway you want.
You can drag the entire Traktor window on it and work, or you can have VirtualDj running on your laptop as usual and drag your DMX software on Touch Screen, or use a skin with detachable browser and drag the browser, or create a window with the sampler and drag only the sampler on it, e.t.c.
You can even drag solitaire and start playing if you are really bored at a gig... :P

Thanks for the clearification

I'll remember the solitaire idea when I get the unit :)

Posté Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:50 am
26%