Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet default skin 2 and 4 player mode sync button function

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hello

i am using 8.2
is there a way to disable the sync buttons in the default skin for 2 and 4 player mode.

this is a setup with no controller
I find that i can hit the sync button by mistake sometimes, and want to disable them

I only have this issue when I am NOT using my controller.

Thanks
in advanced
Al

Posté Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 3:20 am
There are probably more than one way, but I just tested this one:

1. In the settings->Interface, select the default skin, go to the bottom right of the screen, and export the skin to a zip file
2. Rename the file to something that makes sense like "Default - no sync", and leave it in place ready to use later
3. Open the zip file in your OS, and get the definition xml files in it. I tested with just the 2 Decks.xml file (you'll also need to change the 4 Decks.xml file)
4. Search for the word Sync in the file. That will be in an action tag. Simply remove the word Sync, and leave the action tag empty
5. Right below it there is a text item. Change that too to something like OFF, so it will be visible in VDJ that sync is disabled
6. Do that for all mappings of sync in the file. In the 2 Decks.xml file there are 4 of them
7. Save the file and put it back into the zip file
8. Select the zip file as the skin in VDJ

Sync is now disabled in the 2 deck skin when using the mouse with the edited skin, and will look like this:

Posté Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 6:54 am
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
klausmogensen wrote :
There are probably more than one way, but I just tested this one:

1. In the settings->Interface, select the default skin, go to the bottom right of the screen, and export the skin to a zip file
2. Rename the file to something that makes sense like "Default - no sync", and leave it in place ready to use later
3. Open the zip file in your OS, and get the definition xml files in it. I tested with just the 2 Decks.xml file (you'll also need to change the 4 Decks.xml file)
4. Search for the word Sync in the file. That will be in an action tag. Simply remove the word Sync, and leave the action tag empty
5. Right below it there is a text item. Change that too to something like OFF, so it will be visible in VDJ that sync is disabled
6. Do that for all mappings of sync in the file. In the 2 Decks.xml file there are 4 of them
7. Save the file and put it back into the zip file
8. Select the zip file as the skin in VDJ

Sync is now disabled in the 2 deck skin when using the mouse with the edited skin, and will look like this:

klausmogensen

this worked great
the fix is for a friend of mine that is a paid user, but does not have a controller, he is an older guy that does not know his way around a PC, but since he purchased VD also I don't mind help him. I think his ID here is Djrockinron

he has it in his mind that 4 players make it easier to have songs ready, (keep in mind he only uses 1 output so no mixing is going on )
but he keeps hitting the SYNC button, so this will help him out

Thanks again for the quick and helpful info
Al

Posté Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 4:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)