Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet TouchDAW Midi device recognized and active but no effect on software

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I'm testing controller options to decide if I want to buy a full license.

I've installed TouchDAW on my android tablet, and connected it to my windows 10 computer through rtpMIDI successfully.

In VDJ 8 settings > controller, I'm able to see the MIDI input of TouchDaw, say 0-BUTTON42, and map it to an action for testing purpose, say "deck 1 play_pause".

I know this action works as I tested it as a custom button, but when assigned to my TouchDaw button, it doesn't trigger in the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 4:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
what if you map it as .. loop 1 ? Does it work ?
Are the buttons work as momentary (x7F while button is down and x00 when released) or toggle (first press sends x7F, second press sends x00 and so on) ?
You could use MIDIOX (Google it) to see what kind of MIDI notes you get)

Also keep in mind that you will need a license to use any custom device or Hardware. But you should be able to test for 10 mins on each restart.

Posté Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:07 am
Thank you for your message.

>> what if you map it as .. loop 1 ? Does it work ?

I also tried "loop 1" and "loop". These commands both work as custom buttons, but give no result through the tablet & TouchDAW.

>> Are the buttons work as momentary (x7F while button is down and x00 when released) or toggle (first press sends x7F, second press sends x00 and so on) ?

It looks like these are normal button that deactivate on release.

>> You could use MIDIOX (Google it) to see what kind of MIDI notes you get)

Yes, the two virtual buttons I've been trying to map come out as F# and G. They both send an "off" message on release.

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)