Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ keeps doubling BMP and ignores tag value

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The software often doubles BMP value as I'm playing songs or just working with them, which throws off all my marks and saved loops.

This seems to happen on files initial BMP analysis finds a double value, and even if I half and write it on the tag, it often creeps back up to double value.

This cycle seems endless and it makes it very hard to prepare songs, as it keeps throwing my work out the window.

In settings, I have:
getTagsAuto: Yes
setTagsAuto: No - So VDJ doesn't writes the new doubled BMP value on the tag

I really need to solve this issue. Thanks for your help!

Posté Sat 09 Dec 17 @ 8:41 pm
I'm having the same issue and its driving me nuts. I've gotten to a point of mapping an unused button on my controler to bring up the bpm editor to immediately correct the bpm back to what it shoukd be.. What an annoying issue

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 6:05 am
Does it do it repeatedly on the same track on the same version of VDJ?

Because a few versions ago a new analyze engine was included in VDJ, which caused all tracks to be re-analyzed once (you can however disable it in the settings). But after that it shouldn't happen again on that track.

Could that be the reason? Or does it happen again and again on the same track?

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 7:16 am
>> Does it do it repeatedly on the same track on the same version of VDJ?

I can't really figure out a pattern on what song it's going to happen, except it's on songs that are generally slow (in the 50 to 75BMP range) and come out as double.

The weird thing is that VDJ knows that the tag has a different BMP, as the tag editor shows, but for some reason it internally decides it prefers double BPM.

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 10:21 pm
Alex Mand wrote :
>> Does it do it repeatedly on the same track on the same version of VDJ?

I can't really figure out a pattern on what song it's going to happen, except it's on songs that are generally slow (in the 50 to 75BMP range) and come out as double.

The weird thing is that VDJ knows that the tag has a different BMP, as the tag editor shows, but for some reason it internally decides it prefers double BPM.

Ok, but I was trying to figure out id it's a one time thing for each track; due to the new analyze engine reanalyzing the track
Because that would make sense
In that case try enabling keepBPMOnAnalyzerUpdate in the settings

But if it does it repeatedly on the same track, then that is not the issue

Posté Tue 12 Dec 17 @ 2:32 am
Hmm, will try as soon as I find that setting.

Looking for that string in settings search returns nothing.

Thanks for your help!

Posté Tue 12 Dec 17 @ 6:24 am
Alex Mand wrote :
Looking for that string in settings search returns nothing.

This is the one - I believe it's available in b3848 or later:

Posté Tue 12 Dec 17 @ 7:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)