Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Turning knobs with the AKAI LPD8

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings,

Stumped again. I'm using a AKAI LPD8 and want to turn my effects knobs.

I'm ok with one of the effects. I have it mapped to "SC4KNOB1 deck 1 filter". That's an easy one.

I am trying to figure out how to turn the knobs on the Effect "ECHO" - Strength and Length knobs.

I have 5 effects for each deck

EQ10
Djos Special Flanger
Echo
Loop Roll
Flanger

Can somebody give me a clue for the "ECHO" EFFECT how to map the knobs "Strength" and "Length" so I can move them via the LPD8.

Thank you,

Jimmy

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 4:36 am
Are you using one of these existing mappers?

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 8:34 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
Greetings,

Stumped again. I'm using a AKAI LPD8 and want to turn my effects knobs.

I'm ok with one of the effects. I have it mapped to "SC4KNOB1 deck 1 filter". That's an easy one.

I am trying to figure out how to turn the knobs on the Effect "ECHO" - Strength and Length knobs.

I have 5 effects for each deck

EQ10
Djos Special Flanger
Echo
Loop Roll
Flanger

Can somebody give me a clue for the "ECHO" EFFECT how to map the knobs "Strength" and "Length" so I can move them via the LPD8.

Thank you,

Jimmy

UPDATE: I've searched the WIKI and the EFFECT_COMMAND seems like the one I need to use.

This didn't work: EFFECT_COMMAND 'ECHO' ACTIVATE (OR ACTIVE) I'm missing something.

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 8:36 am
groovindj wrote :
Are you using one of these existing mappers?

No I made my own a while back. My config has all the Pads and Knobs defined. Thanks for pointing me to these mappers though. When I got the LPD8 these didn't exist.

I just have to figure out how to send the right command to the ECHO effect to turn the knobs. I'm not seeing any examples how to do it.

And obviously I'm not smart enough yet to figure it out. Enough for tonight. Headache is intensifying. :)

Thanks for the assist!!!

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 8:56 am
Take a look at the built in mapping for another controller. Something like the DDJ-SX2 that has three FX knobs for each deck.

Just bear in mind that the knob functions are different, depending on whether the FX mode is in 'multi' or 'single'.

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 9:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to use the effect_slider 'EffectName' X action.
E.g. effect_slider 'Echo' 2 will control the 2nd Parameter fader of the Echo FX.

Posté Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 11:31 am
Thanks DJ Dad that command works. But now I'm in TROUBLE.

It all started when I downloaded a Mapper file from the VDJ website for the AKAI LPD8. It installed and loaded that I can see the Mapper file in "Options / Controllers". It didn't work though as the pads and knobs were nonfunctional.

I deleted the downloaded XML to restore back to the one that was working fine. Now the LPD8 does not show up in "Options / Controllers".

Went through hell with a Windows restore. And I'm still having a trouble.

I had a backup copy of the VirtualDJ folder. But I cannot get back to normal.

I did get a VirtualDJ folder to work that sees the LPD8 and I have knob control. But my Effects order is screwed up. I haven't found a way to re-order correctly.

Or I go back to another VirtualDJ folder and I have proper Effect order, but no LPD8. I don't get it.

I'm close. Is there a way to control the order of the Effects boxes? I copied the Keyboard Custom Mapping file (that works properly) to the working VirtualDJ folder, but the Effect order does not correctly change to the one I want.

This is beating me up. Quit for the night. Keep me in your prayers :)

Posté Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 12:04 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm not following this thread and have not used the Akai for a long time..but remember that using the downloaded mapping the buttons on the left set at least 4 different pages of controls for the pads and knobs. It's the same old things cue points, loops and so on. You can remap to suit your needs. It does work.

Posté Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 12:22 pm
Found the problem DJDad.

I had 2 XML files in the "Devices" folder. One was mine and the other was the one I downloaded with the incorrect name of "AKAY" Should be AKAI.

Anyway I renamed the "AKAY" file from "XML" to "XXX".

Launched VDJ and now everything is fine. The "AKAY" file took priority maybe because it was the newest definition file.

So I'm good. Thanks very much for your help. And thanks to everyone else who helped as well.

Posté Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 1:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)