Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Default VDJ Skin for 1400 x 1050 Resolution?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello there,

is there a finished default VDJ8 Skin that fits the resolution of my Laptop in 1400 x 1050 or do i have to try this on my self with the resizer tool?
I searched the skins for "1400" with no result. By search for "default" shows 2 sides up with skins that wouldnt be like the default one.
I prefer default because i'm new to VDJ (and totally new to digital DJing) and so the skin should fit with the explanation of the manual or i get lost.

The default skin compress too much at my laptop display so the font is too small and blurry, i can not work with it :(

Edit: No need for VJing

Posté Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 8:39 pm
Skin sizes in VDJ should be a thing of the past
In v7 it was important
In v8 the skin engine should just adjust the skin to whatever resolution you laptop is running

Posté Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 10:05 pm
Yeah, the screen adjust itself but some font (on some buttons) are too small and blurry in my resolution.

Posté Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 10:57 pm
I don't think that changes anything. As in: I don't think skins are made for specific resolutions in v8.

Posté Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 5:02 am
The official answer from Atomix would be that VDJ 8 skins are 1920x1080 and suitable for all resolutions, but there are still a few VDJ 8 skins being made by forum members that cater for specific screen resolutions.

I agree that one size does not suit all. Try running VDJ 8 on a netbook (i.e. Samsung NC10) with a 1920x1080 skin. Not only do things get very tiny, but even the browser icons are affected - they either don't appear or they show on top of each other.

I think the best solution is to use djdad's Skin Builder. It exports the skins at the same resolution as the computer you're running it on.

Posté Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 5:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We picked 1920x1080 as resolution because it is reasonably detailed and scales well to both lower and higher resolutions.
Text and waveforms in VDJ8 are always drawn at the native resolution so will always look sharp.
The browser has + and - buttons to modify the text size regardless of resolution.

We do not say that the default skin is suitable for any screen size however.
It is designed for screens around 15" though, for sizes around 10" for example the tablet skin is more suited - which is 1920x1080 as well.

Posté Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 7:15 pm
Small anti-aliased text looks blurry and not sharp. Turning off anti-aliasing for small point sizes helps which is something VDJ would need to do in this case.

Posté Thu 21 Dec 17 @ 4:37 pm
You could also use clear type anti-aliasing, which looks better at small point sizes, instead of gray scale anti-aliasing but need to be a little cleaver to use clear type when using Direct3D9. Clear type can tend to 'glow' a little bit at small point sizes but that can be dealt with to look better.

Posté Thu 21 Dec 17 @ 6:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)