Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Custom Virual DJ setting save?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Have to edit my settings about which soundcard and the active automix listing very often when I restart VirtualDj, even when I exit the program and wait for the task to be finished before starting the program again. It happens about each 3. time... this problem have been as long as I can remember, so it is within all versions of 8. I want to be able to save my settings properly, and it could be really nice to have many saved settings available. Is this possible now, is there anything I might have missed? Or maybe implement in the future?

(I really love this software btw) <3

Posté Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 12:32 pm
For audio setup you should be able to name and save different setups in the bottom of the screen, so that you can switch between different setups for your different controllers, one for the setup in the club, and so on:

For automix I think that's meant to be dynamic. But you can save your current automix list as a playlist, and load any playlist as the automix list, to keep favorite automix lists ready for use:

Posté Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 12:50 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
klausmogensen wrote :
save different setups ..... so that you can switch between different setups for your different controllers

Thanks for that illustration.

Posté Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 5:27 pm
Thanks Klaus

Posté Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 7:36 pm
There is one more thing about saving I am missing... just a minor thing I am putting my head in a little research, so don't stress about it... I sometimes have some usb trouble with my computer (goddamn old shet, where's the money?? :p ) , and probably I am not the only one that happens with... sometimes it cuts on and off very quickly, and usb drivers reloads. Every time that happens, the deck leftcross and rightcross selections are reset and only the red leftcross 2 is selected, and the rest of my pre-setup of automix tracks is playing without fading, if I don't fix it before next track start... Of course, I should fix my usb trouble, but it seems I have to buy a new computer, so if there was a saving option for the crossfader selection, it would be awesome. By the way, when I use VirtualDj as a automix music player, I also use another soundcard, so the music don't stop when usb is bugging with my controller. I have the Denon MC6000mk2 and Terratic Aureon 7.1 usb soundcard, and using the 7.1 soundcard don't cut the sound when the controllers usb-connection is cut off an on. But if I turn my controller off and on with the switch, everything is reset in virtualdj and the sound stops for 3 seconds. Not a problem at all, just a little philosophic feedback. :)

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 6:01 am
I don't know if it's the computer, the controller, the USB port or cable. I know there is a problem as you have stated. So when are you going to fix it, when she's coming into the reception for the first dance, and it does not come back on?

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 7:05 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
So when are you going to fix it, when she's coming into the reception for the first dance, and it does not come back on?

Not sure if I am following.... was that a question to me?

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 7:32 am
Btw, I am NOT using this setup when I play music for a party or similar, just when I play music for myself. :) Would be suicide to automix with a new untested version on a pary or club hehe ... automix playing is only for myself and my cats, or close friends party. :)

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 7:35 am
RoninSaniShipibo wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :
So when are you going to fix it, when she's coming into the reception for the first dance, and it does not come back on?

Not sure if I am following.... was that a question to me?

Yes, I was talking about your previous post of your system cutting on and off, and wondering why you have not fixed this problem, and if you are going to wait until it happens at a reception. I didn't know you were using this at home.

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 8:09 am
Ah yes I understand... Norwegian and not very good at english... Yes I have many laptops, but they are too slow to use as my home computer. I have searched for the usb error long time now, tried all 14 ports on the mainboard, with 3 different hubs. My problem is probably that it is so noisy that I had to put it in another room to not get crazy, and I use extension cables from the pc to where my equipment is put. The strange thing is, it could work perfect with one cable and one hub for days, and suddenly nothing works... so I suspect my mainboard is dying. Not possible to even find any samsung phone on my pc. Not directly in any port with any cable. But suddenly one day it worked... for a couple of hours... but never again. Its just about money, will upgrade my rig very soon, but have to prioritize to buy a house and property now, so I just play around with my equipment and try to get it working. Learnig a lot in the process though, so no trouble for me. In my new setup when I move to the new house, I will maybe buy 3 28" 4k monitors and a new mainboard, cpu, ram and a good gfx and set up everything in my audiolab/wizardroom :) sorry for a bit off-topic, but I really look forward to some new stuff hehe...

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 9:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)