Forum: General Discussion

About VirtualDJ and DJing in general

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet When there will be a discount
When there will be a discount for Virtual Dj Pro ?
When add romanian language ?

Posté Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 1:11 pm
In the ten years I have been here Atomix have never discounted VDJ Pro. But then they haven't increased the price either.

If you plan to use it for professional gigs you are getting paid for then it works out great value in the longer term. Also bear in mind major upgrades are free where most other DJ software charges an upgrade fee.

Posté Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 1:37 pm
O no :(

Posté Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 1:49 pm
I've never seen a discount either

You can make a translatation yourself.
Simply copy the "english.xml" in the \Documents\VirtualDJ\Languages folder, and give it your language name - still with the.xml extension
Then edit all the text in the file to your language
Finally open VDJ, and select the new language in settings->options->language

Posté Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 1:51 pm
@klausmogensen thank you,i want a discount 25% :) but only dreams

Posté Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 2:09 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
All of us purchased it for the full amount and it was so worth it!

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 4:33 am
I know, we all want a deal. The next deal is coming in 2025, so you can wait for that. Or you could charge your next 16 clients $5.00 more, to make up that $80.00. How much does Starbucks coffee cost, you could give that up for a week and be good.

Posté Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 7:13 am
let someone else (customer) pay for it (that's 100% discount for you)

Use WINAMP, Media Monkey, MIXX or any other MP3 player for a PAID gig then use the money to buy the Infinity License :)

Posté Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 12:20 am
It can be unfair tho cuz I'm a student and I dj in my school where I don't get paid. So it's really just money I'm throwing at Atomix.

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 12:48 pm
DJ Contour wrote :
It can be unfair tho cuz I'm a student and I dj in my school where I don't get paid. So it's really just money I'm throwing at Atomix.

That really has nothing to do with you having to pay for it (if you use it with a controller)
For instance: Even if you don't make money using your laptop, you still had to pay for it when you got it
Remember that Atomix still had to build the software, and make it compatible with more than 300 controllers, regardless if you get paid to DJ on it

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 2:34 pm
DJ Contour wrote :

Could it possibly be unfair not to pay the creators and the people who maintain and upgrade Virtual DJ?

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 4:53 pm
....Go back 20-30 years and take a look at the cost of running a DJ business. You don't realize how lucky you are today! Music, Video and Lights all in the same software. The cost of entry into DJing is as low as its ever been and V-DJ is a great product! They should probably charge more.

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 5:33 pm
I mean because I'm a student. Students get student discounts for almost every type of product because of our limited funds. Paying $20 a month isn't that easy for everyone. I'm not asking for free software but for it to be easier to get, like with different packages or something. Like in Serato and DAWs

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 7:45 pm
This is why there are different levels of license for VDJ.

If you have limited funds you either pay a monthly subscription which allows you to use the Pro version - or you can buy a Plus license (starting at $49) to use with the controller of your choosing.

Posté Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 8:13 pm
Third Quesday every month is discount day .....

Only kidding , come on its only £300 foe pro ! , of your a working dj that's nothing !

Posté 7 days ago @ 7:31 pm
think of this as a life lesson: grown-ups have to pay full price for things.

lesson over.

Posté 7 days ago @ 10:46 pm
Its not if you can't work and on ESA and can't afford it,I don't have £300 just to use my Timecode without it cutting out every 10 mins,The timecode is been like that for about over 10 years now.Why not make it 30 mins.i don't use vdj professionally but can't use my Timecode properly,having to come out of the app and back in every 10 mins stops me using VDJ.I don't get why I have to pay to use one timecode vinyl(Traktor Scratch) on a record player..?? One Timecode you can't use for mixing so you can't use it professionally in a club or in a pub,why not make one timecode free.I think its about time.There no point me paying monthly just to use one Timecode.I don't need anything else, everything works for free.

One reason VJD is popular is cos it free.The animated Record Player is the reason I used it,I never seen a MP3 player do that before.

Its clever how it works,the sound on the timecode it like a tape from a 8bit computers in the 80s.
I am been using VDJ from 2005.

Now Go To Netflix in the UK and look for Black Mirror Bandersnatch,It reminds me of the TellTale games.

Posté 7 days ago @ 10:54 pm
spannernick wrote :
Why not make it 30 mins

Because 30 mins is not necessary for testing purposes. VDJ can easily be tested within the 10 min trial period. And yes, it is there to stop people using it (with timecode, controllers etc) for free. If you want to use it "properly" as you say, then buy the appropriate license.

I don't get why if you're not using it professionally, you'd need/want to use timecode...

You say you've been using VDJ for 14 years - and you can't manage to save £300 over that length of time? That's less than 41p per week.

Posté 6 days ago @ 7:39 pm