Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DMX-control with VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
The Freestyler(8) plugin....it works, no it rocks....it's free...it's only a plugin...starts automatically....works with POI's and midi.
The Freestyler-dmx software....nice, full of features, even it's own DMX-fixture creator.
But although all this good news...the freestyler8 info, manual etc.....is hidden in some vague forumthreads....no manual at all.

There is a competition going on between different DJ-softwares.
To be a consistent winner in the market, you have to invent and implement new features to keep or win costumers....just like any other company.
There is Soundswitch, there is now the Pioneer RB-DMX1.
I do not understand the VDJ-management.
Why not develop, simplify and promote it's own pro's features?
Many, many VDJ's users do not know about freestyler8, what it is and how it works,....

Posté Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 10:40 am
anok4u2 wrote :
The Freestyler(8) plugin....it works, no it rocks....it's free...it's only a plugin...starts automatically....works with POI's and midi.
The Freestyler-dmx software....nice, full of features, even it's own DMX-fixture creator.
But although all this good news...the freestyler8 info, manual etc.....is hidden in some vague forumthreads....no manual at all.

There is a competition going on between different DJ-softwares.
To be a consistent winner in the market, you have to invent and implement new features to keep or win costumers....just like any other company.
There is Soundswitch, there is now the Pioneer RB-DMX1.
I do not understand the VDJ-management.
Why not develop, simplify and promote it's own pro's features?
Many, many VDJ's users do not know about freestyler8, what it is and how it works,....

I'm sure they would love for you to gather the info and make a manual
Lot's of stuff in the VDJ world get created by users

Soundswitch also works in VDJ now BTW, so VDJ is not limited to Freestyler

Posté Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 11:22 am
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011

I do not need a manual...i'm only a bit concerned that VDJ will be pushed to it's end, because competitors are on the horizon with possible cheaper, better, newer software-features.

[/quote]Soundswitch also works in VDJ now BTW, so VDJ is not limited to Freestyler[/quote]
For now at this moment, i do not see a reason to pay 500 bucks for extra hardware, instead of a free plugin which starts automatically with VDJ.
Besides the freestyler software itself, there is a fixture creator for new or unkwown fixtures, that ain't the case with Soundswitch or the Pioneer.

Posté Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 1:44 am
anok4u2 wrote :

that ain't the case with Soundswitch or the Pioneer.

But Pioneer have said that you only need ask (and tell them which light) and it will be added. Possibly the same with SS. I'd certainly hope so at that price!

Posté Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 7:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)