Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Pioneer DDJ-RB freezing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

Recently got a DDJ-RB which seemed to run okay when trailing.

Had it's first gig last night and 3 or 4 times the track would stop playing, so would quickly cross fade over the play the other side, but it wouldn't.

The faders was responding on the screen but both decks wouldn't play for about 5 seconds or so.

We had to change to our original, back-up controller Nurmark Partymix which ran all night without a single issue.

Has this happened to anyone else or do I have a fault Pioneer?

Running under VDJ PRO under the company account, not this forum account.

Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 1:51 pm
OK you've got a DDJ-RB........but what else?

What build of VDJ Pro are you running? Are you using PC or Mac? What are the specs of your computer? What type of files were you playing? Audio? Video? Karaoke? From where? Internal or external drive?

What's your audio config? What size is your audio buffer? Did you try another USB cable, or another USB port, or another computer?

Need input!

Posté Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 2:23 pm
OK you've got a DDJ-RB........but what else?

What build of VDJ Pro are you running?
VDJ 8 PRO 32 Bit

Are you using PC or Mac?
Windows 10

What are the specs of your computer?
AMD A9 4GB RAM 3GHz, 1TB internal drive

What type of files were you playing? Audio? Video? Karaoke? From where? Internal or external drive?
Mp3, audio only. No video or Karaoke. Internal drive

What's your audio config?
USB to the DDJ-RB, phono out into mixer. Using the Pioneer's in built sound card.

What size is your audio buffer?
Not sure?

Did you try another USB cable, or another USB port, or another computer?
No. As I say was working fine in test runs but froze both decks during the gig. All the knobs and faders was responding.

Plugged the Numark Partymix into the Same USB port with same set-up and no issues for the rest of the night.

Posté Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 11:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For temporary audio drops, cuts etc, you should proceed with computer optimization as per this guide. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html
One other thing that you can try, is make sure the Pioneer audio device is not set as default playback/communication/recording device for your OS (From Windows Control Panel -> Sound ). Pioneer ASIO drivers are well known to reserve the WASAPI ones to operate, so that could conflict if other Windows apps are trying to take over too).

Posté Mon 05 Feb 18 @ 12:33 pm
Are you using PC or Mac?
Windows 10

What are the specs of your computer?
AMD A9 4GB RAM 3GHz, 1TB internal drive

I would suggest you upgrade the Ram to 8GB and If the internal hdd to an SSD if it isn't one. Also check that you have the latest firmware and drivers for the Pioneer DJ RB https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/support/software/DDJ-RB/

Posté Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 6:03 pm
FYI upgrading past 4gb on a 32bit OS is pointless.

Posté Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 6:57 pm
"I would suggest you upgrade the Ram to 8GB and If the internal hdd to an SSD if it isn't one. Also check that you have the latest firmware and drivers for the Pioneer DJ RB https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/support/software/DDJ-RB/"

The laptop runs great with 4GB, it only has VDJ and Rekoardbox on there with no use of the internet.

Latest firmware on all inc. the controller.

After doing some more digging it appears the smoke machine appears to be the issue.

Posté Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 10:45 am
djwilson92 wrote :
After doing some more digging it appears the smoke machine appears to be the issue.

they have been known to cause problems in the past.

Posté Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 11:26 am
djwilson92 wrote :

Oh yes, electrical spikes caused by other gear can cause your controller to disconnect from the laptop. I happend to me with a couple of old ADJ H2O lights

Posté Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 11:33 am
"Oh yes, electrical spikes caused by other gear can cause your controller to disconnect from the laptop. I happend to me with a couple of old ADJ H2O lights"

It's strange that the music stops but the faders still respond.

Posté Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:11 pm
djwilson92 wrote :
"Oh yes, electrical spikes caused by other gear can cause your controller to disconnect from the laptop. I happend to me with a couple of old ADJ H2O lights"

It's strange that the music stops but the faders still respond.

It was the same for me.
VDJ lost the access to the soundcard, but the connection to the midi-parts (like faders) remained - they probably also got lost, but came back so fast that I didn't notice it

Posté Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 1:05 pm
Update: I've played several gigs without a smoke machine now and it still happens.

Played one gig and it didn't happen once (same set-up) - seems random. Any ideas?

Posté Sun 24 Jun 18 @ 9:51 pm
djwilson92 wrote :
Update: I've played several gigs without a smoke machine now and it still happens.

Played one gig and it didn't happen once (same set-up) - seems random. Any ideas?

you never told us what build of the software you are using here is and example B4444

it can be found on the options screen at bottom.

Posté Sun 24 Jun 18 @ 10:30 pm
You say you are using a pro version, but you are listed as a home user. Have you registered the software?

Posté Mon 25 Jun 18 @ 4:27 am
rookoeHome userMember since 2014
I am using pioneer ddj rb with my windows 10 laptop and even going through the same problem ,but if use pioneer ddj sb2 with same laptop configuration it's runs smoothly
Plz suggest something on this

Posté Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 6:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)