Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet This device has a sound card do you want to use it?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Naturally i clicked yes but not clicking yes still uses the devices sound card. The only difference is the device uses it's own mixer instead of VDJ mixer, VDJ mixer on the screen acts in dummy mode, which was how I wanted to use it in the first place.

Is this worded a bit wrong or is there something I missed?
What are the differences, advantages between the 2?

My device is a Denon MC7000. I've already discovered the differences in filter and EQ.

My other thoughts are on what puts more/less strain on the CPU/ASIO. I'm guessing when 'used as soundcard' only 1 track, the master is sent to the Denon via the USB the individual track are handle inside VDJ with the faders and VU being midi. When not used this way, all tracks are sent to the Denon, individually, into each channel of the mixer.

Any thoughts, input greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posté Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 12:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I dont understand the question. If you answer "Yes" to the question, VirtualDJ will automatically create and apply the necessary Audio setup in order the Master and Headphones Outputs to be routed properly to the unit's outputs. It's the same as if you click the special "Denon MC7000" button you see in the AUDIO tab of VirtualDJ Settings. In this case, you need to connect your speakers to the Denon's Master Output and your Headphones to the Denon's Headphones socket.
If you answer "No", VirtualDJ will keep its current Audio setup (whatever that was) and depending on which sound card is using you may have to connect speakers and Headphones to a different device/sound-card outputs.

Posté Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 12:44 pm
Thank you for your reply. It's hard to put into words

So if my default settings were the same as the 'USE SOUNDCARD' button not clicking that button would result in the same?

I had expected if not clicking that button, the sound would come out laptop speakers and the Denon would be purely a midi controller. Which I don't want so clicked it. However, clicking that button turns the mixer part into a midi controller. I was on the understanding that as the controller has a standalone mixer built in, VDJ faders, EQ, filter etc simply moved in 'dummy' mode. All the actual adjustments to the audio done in the mixer.

When clicking the 'USE SOUNDCARD' button, the filter is the VDJ filter as changing the resonance in the settings alters it. At first i thought this was some how, changing the settings inside the Denon. The EQ is VDJ EQ as changing the center settings in VDJ, Default, Full kill etc, changes how it behaves. This tells me the VDJ mixer isn't in 'dummy' mode and the mixing is happening there.

Not clicking the 'USE SOUNDCARD' button still uses the Denon as the soundcard. There is no changes in the audio setting between the 2 choices but now the mixing is happening inside the Denon mixer and VDJ mixer is in 'dummy' mode.

Thanks again.

Posté Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 5:55 pm
Update: Just retested and now the mixing is always in VDJ, filters, EQ. No idea how i got it to be the Denon filter, EQ before.

Posté Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 6:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)