Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet How VDJ Writes BPM to ID3 tag

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When I analyze a song for bpm, it reads out in VDJ to the first couple decimals no problem, say, 112.55. When I scan the same song in MP3Tag, the bpm reads out as 00112 BPM. Is this how VDJ writes bpm to the id3 tag, or is there a problem, perhaps, in MP3Tag? MP3Tag seems to read other bpm tags not written by VDJ normally.

Update: This seems to only be the case with tags written to m4a files. MP3 files seem to read correctly after being written to by VDJ then scanned into MP3Tag.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 9:19 pm
Yeah, does seem to be an issue ... I have just done a similar check. Windows doesn't see the decimal point readings either using MP4

Posté Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 9:26 pm
Do you rip your own m4a tracks? I'm using iTunes to rip mine. They're the only ones I have that I can test.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 9:28 pm
No, I just use MP3 and MP4. Haven't dabbled with Apple stuff in a long time as I hate them with a passion. Especially iTunes.

As you can see here the MP3 files are correct but the MP4 are not.

Posté Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 9:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
BPM in MP4 tags is indeed limited to rounded numbers, this is a limitation of the metadata specs of mp4.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 6:10 am
Ok, thanks for the info. Strange though.....

Posté Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 9:17 am
The issue is, in the BPM field when read by MP3Tag, it actually reads exactly like this: 00125 BPM while VDJ would read it as, 124.998. I don't have a problem with the rounding or lack of decimal. I'm simply trying to understand why it read the actual letters BPM in the ID3 tag, or metadata field.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 7:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You'd have to check with MP3Tag. The tempo field in mp4 metadata is just a single byte, so both the 0's at the start and the 'bpm' text are added by MP3Tag.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 7:51 pm
Adion wrote :
You'd have to check with MP3Tag. The tempo field in mp4 metadata is just a single byte, so both the 0's at the start and the 'bpm' text are added by MP3Tag.

I wonder why MP3Tag only adds 00 and BPM to MP4 and m4a (as far as I know)?

I've emailed the dev. He hasn't responded.

Posté Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 7:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)