Forum: VirtualDJ 8.2 Technical Support

Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ 8.2.
Forum Guidelines

(NOTE: VirtualDJ 8.2 is continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)
Sujet Roland DJ-202 [Official Support]
ROLAND DJ-202 SUPPORT

As of Builds 4189*, Roland DJ-202 is fully supported in VirtualDJ (including TRS functionality)

Operation Manual : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj202.html

*At the moment, Build 4189 is in Early Access, so you will need to enable the EarlyAccessUpdates setting and restart VirtualDJ

Posté Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 1:14 pm
The sequencer is triggering the VDJ samples somehow. I can hear the Roland internal drum samples play but on some (most) loops, I also get blasted with applause, airhorn and the siren samples that come with VDJ. The samples appear in sequence with the drums but the last played sample continues after pressing the sequencer start/stop button. So the Roland drums will have stopped but the airhorn will continue untill the sample ends.

I have reset my 'options' to 'factory defaults' just in case I messed up something but the issue remains after restarting VDJ.

Please help !

Posté Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 5:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's not bad to get an applause sometimes ! ..hehe kidding.

The TR Sequences can be a mixture of TR Instruments and VDJ Samples and you have probably over-recorded an existing Pattern by adding VDJ Samples. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to edit a Pattern - havent found out that myself, nor the manual is clear on how to do that), so best would be to reset the Patterns to the default settings.

Here is a snapshot from the menual which u can find here .. https://www.roland.com/us/products/dj-202/support/
(from page 16)
Advised to also read pages 13 & 14, to know how the TR Sequencer works.

Tip: If you want to live-record (live) a Pattern, best is to set the Samples to Hold trigger mode, so that they stop right after the step is moved to the next.

Posté Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 8:15 am
djdad wrote :
It's not bad to get an applause sometimes ! ..hehe kidding.

The TR Sequences can be a mixture of TR Instruments and VDJ Samples and you have probably over-recorded an existing Pattern by adding VDJ Samples. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to edit a Pattern - havent found out that myself, nor the manual is clear on how to do that), so best would be to reset the Patterns to the default settings.

Here is a snapshot from the menual which u can find here .. https://www.roland.com/us/products/dj-202/support/
(from page 16)
Advised to also read pages 13 & 14, to know how the TR Sequencer works.

Tip: If you want to live-record (live) a Pattern, best is to set the Samples to Hold trigger mode, so that they stop right after the step is moved to the next.

Thanks I did a factory reset and the latest firmware update whilst I was at it. Definitely worked and I have managed to sort out my issues with the sampler. Comes down to selecting the +param when in step or real time recording mode. The -param selects the VDJ loaded samples and the +para the roland onboard samples.
Factory reset is akin to using a shotgun to kill a mosquito though. ;)
Better to delete a pattern in pattern mode: shift + sequencer then -param + pattern (1~8) or shift +pattern (9~16)
Or,
Delete the unwanted airhorn (or applause) through recording mode: sequencer then -param then shift + pad (1~8) to select the sample,
then press all lighted pads under -param ( note 1~8) and the +param (note 9~16) .
Press start/stop at any time to do this in real time.

I have since replaced the VDJ samples with some of Roland's downloadable samplepack and some other drum samples I had lying around.
It's awseome ! I may yet get applauded for using these features ! :-)

Posté Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 2:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dutch Selector wrote :
I have since replaced the VDJ samples with some of Roland's downloadable samplepack and some other drum samples

You dont have to replace any Samples of course. While you live recording-editing a Pattern and the "software" instruments are selected from the PARAM buttons, the Pads trigger software samples from the loaded VirtualDJ Sampler Bank, so you can keep your existing Samples and simply load your new Roland Instruments Banks into a new VirtualDJ Sampler Bank

Posté Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 3:17 pm