Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Error - Remove from DB - Add to Dbase??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings...
Bit of a Noob here, but I have been trying for three hours to add 45 or so new songs.
Looks like from a previous forum post I made the mistake of moving the files outside of VDJ, hence the ERROR message when trying to play any of them....

I have selected them all, gone through the config > Database > Remove Missing Files... option, re-imported the new songs into the right folder, but still receive this annoying error. The only way I can get a single song to play is to go through each of the new songs by song and use the 'Relocate missing file' option (which comes up by right clicking the missing file).

Surely this can not be the correct approach.
Any assistance would be grateful.
Thank you.

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 6:06 am
More detail required.

DJ Chizzer wrote :
re-imported the new songs into the right folder

How exactly did you do that?

Also, how exactly are you trying to play the songs once you've added them?

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 7:43 am
Hello... thanks for your reply.

DJ Chizzer wrote :
re-imported the new songs into the right folder

How exactly did you do that?

The other part to this - I am a Mac user, so not really familiar with windows.
I copied the files from an external drive to the folder in question (drag and drop). I got the windows copy window, and was prompted to replace or cancel about half that were already in there (the destination folder), to which I replaced. I can find the files on the destination drive... but nothing happens in VDJ. The 'remove missing files'... doesn't remove anything from the database list inside VDJ.

If I click on my 'recently added' folder... all of the previously added files are still there, only with red X's through their icons. They never leave...

Also, how exactly are you trying to play the songs once you've added them?

I am using a DDj-SB2.... so either by selecting the track with the SB2 and loading it, or by mouse > drag to either deck. Neither of which works.
Thanks again...

[/quote]

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 7:59 am
DJ Chizzer wrote :
I copied the files from an external drive to the folder in question (drag and drop)

You're doing this from within VDJ, or using your computer's browser?

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:07 am
Through the desktop folders...via the computer browser.

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:44 am
Well there's your mistake.

Any file adding/deleting/moving needs to be done from within VDJ in order for the database to know what's going on.

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 10:20 am
Hey.... good news, thanks!

Now, after searching through 800 different u-tube videos with zero luck... maybe you could share some wisdom on how to do that? Holy Hanna... lol. There are videos/tutorials for EVERYTHING - but - how to add music to your VDJ folders...Even the online Manual neglects to mention this...
You would think that might be a 1-2 step process, no?

How the hell does one add/import songs into VDJ from a file folder or where ever?
Thanks again...

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 3:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just browse to the new folder in vdj browser. If there's many subfolder you can right-click and select Add to search database.

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 4:07 pm
Adion wrote :
Just browse to the new folder in vdj browser. If there's many subfolder you can right-click and select Add to search database.

Great!... thank you.
Looks like the process doesn't provide any feedback... until one check's the VDJ database, and there they are. Nice.
But oh my god, that was painful. Someone who knows how to make a good 30 second video should do that.... lol

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 4:54 pm
DJ Chizzer wrote :
Even the online Manual neglects to mention this

No it doesn't.

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/interface/database/search.html

The part that says "VirtualDJ will automatically add files to the Search Database whenever a folder is focused on (opened in the Folder List) for the first time and keep the results in the database"

There's further information below that sentence too.

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 5:14 pm

Posté Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 5:20 pm
Well... hello again.
Here we are back to square one.... I just got a nice load of new iTunes... dropped them into the iTunes music folder, and once again... can't figure out how to add them to the VDJ DB.

From following the thread above -- I am inside of VDJ... I click on the iTunes > Music folder in the VDJ browser, and right click Batch > add to search DB...

Then I go searching for my music, and... nada... could someone please tell me what step(s) I am missing... thanks kindly.

Posté Tue 01 May 18 @ 6:16 am
Do you see the music you added in the iTunes -> Music folder?

Posté Tue 01 May 18 @ 7:03 am
Hey...
Sorry to bug you again. Thank you.
I see the music in my desktop iTunes > Music folder, yes.
But I cannot find it any where inside of VDJ

Posté Tue 01 May 18 @ 7:35 am
I mean inside VirtualDJ when you select iTunes->Music

Posté Tue 01 May 18 @ 9:46 am
Not inside the VDJ browser, no.
Once again, I moved the new songs from an external drive into the desktop iTunes folder... those are there.

In the VDJ browser, I have right-clicked on the iTunes folder itself, and inside the iTunes > Music folder and selected Add to search DB, but nothing shows up.

Thanks kindly.

Posté Tue 01 May 18 @ 5:34 pm
This looks to be a Windows file system issue.
Thank You.

Posté Fri 04 May 18 @ 5:32 pm
Meaning what? Did you solve it? How?

Posté Sat 05 May 18 @ 8:20 am
Just out of curiosity, have you set your Browser to show music? From the radio button above the font sizers (on the default skin), make sure that show music is selected.

Posté Tue 08 May 18 @ 1:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)