Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Beatlock is now causing deck 1 (for e.g.) to "scratch" automatically, as soon as i start a song on deck 2? How do i stop this?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just updated to the latest release of VDJ8 and now something has changed when i use "Beatlock" in a certain way.... It seems to only happen in the following scenario - for example:

- I am playing a track on the left deck, and i engage beatlock on the "LEFT" deck (nothing is playing on the right deck at this time)
- i then start a track on the right deck, but when i do, the left deck immediately stops playing normally, and goes into an automatic "scratch" mode?

I use "Beatlock" like this from time to time to make the outgoing song (i.e. the left deck in this example) sudenly change tempo to the "incoming" song (i.e. "right" deck in this example), and it has always worked as expected, i.e. the left deck bpm immediately changes to match that of the incoming "right" deck bpm when the right deck song is started ..... only now it doesn't work like that anymore?!

Instead it starts an automatic "scratch" mode on the left deck, which continues until i either stop the left deck, or stop the right deck, in which case the left deck reverts back to playing normally...?

How can i turn this feature off and return to the "normal" mode that i always used, as detailed above please?

Many thanks!

Posté Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 12:35 pm
I see in the main forum listings that "Dj Richy suace" relied to my post 2 hours ago - equally i recieved an email saying he had replied too, yet there's no post from him shown here?? What's going on?

Posté Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 3:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
His post was moderated because it was irrelevant.

Tried what you did but working as expected here btw

Posté Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 3:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
nowt of importance, he pops up says something of no real use and his post gets raised out of site.

You might have to make a video, although why not press play on deck 2 and sync on deck 1? beatlock is predominatly for scratching, I'm always open to try different stuff maybe you can teach me something

Posté Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 3:41 pm
Scratch DNA?

Posté Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 4:46 pm
hi,

same to me, last gig on Saturday, 2 times, pitch lock, then pitch on to mix, and pressing sync button, i tought it was my sleeve on the jog, but it wasn't,

Thx
GK

Posté Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 2:00 am
So you have the same issue then.... It's a bit annoying as i can't mix some songs now in the way i like to mix them.... Hopefully the VirtualDJ team can tell us how to switch this back to it's previous mode of working, or issue a fix if it's a bug... Thanks guys!

Posté Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 10:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you explain in more details the steps you do to reproduce the problem?

Posté Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 10:25 am
As an example:

- I am playing a track on the left deck, and i engage "BEATLOCK" on the "LEFT" deck (nothing is playing on the right deck at this time)

- i then start a track on the right deck, but when i do, the left deck immediately stops playing normally, and goes into an automatic "scratch" mode - the right deck plays normally

What used to happen is that the left deck would continue playing normally too, and simply change it's BPM to match that of the right deck, as soon as i press start on the right deck, so both decks are playing normally and are beat matched together

.... but that doesn't happen anymore...

(I could make a video if that would help, although i can't see a way to upload a video in this forum...)

Posté Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 10:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Upload to youtube or dropbox etc and link.

Posté Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 11:10 am
GKAudiO DJ wrote :
hi,

same to me, last gig on Saturday, 2 times, pitch lock, then pitch on to mix, and pressing sync button, i tought it was my sleeve on the jog, but it wasn't,

Thx
GK

Virtual DJ b4459. and a American Audio DP2 Controller
Thx

Posté Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 4:26 pm
So i just powered up Virtual DJ to make the video of the issue, as suggested, and it showed a warning message saying it cannot find the Virtual DJ database?

However, a few seconds later it clearly did find it, because everything was shown as normal... strange.... never had that happen before either!

Anyway, so i closed VDJ and restarted it again, and this time that message didn't appear, and it started normally.

... So i proceeded to set things up in order to make the video, but when i hit start on the 2nd deck, i find it works absolutely "normally" today!!??!! No issue whatsoever.

There has been no update shown since i last used VDJ 2 days ago, yet today it works normally, i.e. exactly like it always has!!??

Bizarre... Anyway,i will obviously keep this post updated if i have any further re-occurences of the issue.

Posté Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 1:25 pm
(v8.3 b4459 - Windows 10 with 1TB SSD)

Posté Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 1:27 pm
..So today, a slightly different version of the same "automatic scratching" problem, where VDJ8 suddenly starts "auto-scratching" on it's own for no reason whatsoever, has just happened again... i've shot a quick video so you can what i mean:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg80b0o327sy2yr/VID_20180717_113258%5B1%5D.mp4?dl=0

There definitely seems to be a bug since the latest update, as i NEVER had this happen prior to the last update

Thanks.

Posté Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 9:55 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)