Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet 4 CHANNEL CONTROLLER REVIEWS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

Thinking on buy new controller.
Would appreciate suggestions on your preferred ones.

My setup/wishes should be:
* 4 channels
* At least 2 line/phono inputs (for tcv vinyl)

So it looks that these 3 are in:
* Denon DN-MC6000 Mk2
* Pioneer DDJ-SX2
* Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII
- Pros/Cons of each?

Any other controller with this setup?

Any controller than also integrates screen?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 10:19 am
Denon MCX8000

Standalone mode is pretty ropey because Denon still haven't sorted the firmware (their coding team are utterly hopeless) but apart from that it's a solid piece of kit and works absolutely perfectly with VDJ.

Just be aware there have been reports of screen freezing but I have had my one for over a year with no issues.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 10:29 am
The pioneer ddj-sz and sz2 are solid 4 channel flagship mixers. Ive had my sz for 4 years and still working great, plus it has one of the best sound cards on the market

Posté Fri 20 Jul 18 @ 5:08 pm
Denon mc7000. 2 usb inputs for 2 different computers running different software if you want. TCV inputs and or line inputs. 2 separate microphone channels. That's one thing I don't like about the pioneers. They use Channel faders as microphone inputs causing you to have to switch back and forth or taking up an entire Channel. The microphones also have on board equalizers and Echo effects. You can use this as a stand-alone mixer as well as software. I personally think it has a beautiful design. The sound quality is a great. I went back and forth between the Pioneer DDJ sx2 and this and for the same price the Denon unit was for the win because of the microphones and the two USBS. Sometimes I hook up a second computer as a backup. Sometimes it's nice if me and a friend are playing together be able to switch back and forth without having to have a mixer in between two different controllers or TCV setups. Also like the fact that it has unbalanced RCA main outputs, balanced XLR left and right outputs and left and right XLR outputs for booth what separate booth Channel.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 5:45 pm
Dj DruFunk wrote :
...the Denon unit was for the win because of the microphones and the two USBS. Sometimes I hook up a second computer as a backup. Sometimes it's nice if me and a friend are playing together be able to switch back and forth without having to have a mixer in between two different controllers or TCV setups. ...

So, you've worked with the 2 USB, and 2 computers working?
Is something some controllers have, but they don't explain much.

So how is the behaviour?
- You switch 2 computer and both can use controller same time?
- Or you have to choose computer with a button?
- Does current music stops when switching between computers?

Thanks

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 6:39 pm
Depends on the controller.
I don't have any experience with Denon dual USB controllers, but I do have from Pioneer ones.

For models DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SZ2, DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RZX:
1) Yes both computers can use the controller at the same time. One computer can use the "left" side of the controller (deck 1&3) and the other can use the right side (deck 2&4) before a complete takeover (so that a computer takes over control to the entire controller)

2) You use the USB buttons at the top of each side (left/right) to select which computer will control that side. While a "side" is assigned to one computer the sound of the other computer for that side gets muted.

For models DDJ-1000 and DDJ-SX3:
1) Yes both computers can use the controller at the same time. Each computer can use ANY deck you assign it to. On the "mixer" section of the controller there are "input" switches (like any ordinary mixer) that they offer USB A and USB B option. You use this switches to determine which deck is controlled by which PC. When you set a channel to one PC the sound of the other PC for that channel gets muted.

Posté Tue 24 Jul 18 @ 9:31 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Depends on the controller.
I don't have any experience with Denon dual USB controllers, but I do have from Pioneer ones.

For models DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SZ2, DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RZX:
1) Yes both computers can use the controller at the same time. One computer can use the "left" side of the controller (deck 1&3) and the other can use the right side (deck 2&4) before a complete takeover (so that a computer takes over control to the entire controller)

2) You use the USB buttons at the top of each side (left/right) to select which computer will control that side. While a "side" is assigned to one computer the sound of the other computer for that side gets muted.

For models DDJ-1000 and DDJ-SX3:
1) Yes both computers can use the controller at the same time. Each computer can use ANY deck you assign it to. On the "mixer" section of the controller there are "input" switches (like any ordinary mixer) that they offer USB A and USB B option. You use this switches to determine which deck is controlled by which PC. When you set a channel to one PC the sound of the other PC for that channel gets muted.

thanks for the details!

Posté Tue 24 Jul 18 @ 9:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)