Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Software Updates

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Microsoft automatically updated my Intel hd4000 drives a few days ago after which they did not work. Anyway I 'm aware this can happen and keep old working drivers handy.
With respect to the last version of vdj8.2 and also vdj2018 I think there is a problem with the browser / song selection which stops songs loading. Hence I'm still using an older version of vdj8.2.

Updates are good at breaking working systems.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 12:40 am
I'll just add that the last vdj8.2 seemed to mess up for about 3 min in a 5 hour set and then fixed itself. It almost felt like it never happened..but it did.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 12:55 am
hi guys buy a new ddj-sx3 3 weeks ago and i cant get it to work load the driver for it it shows on the the sittings on the virtual dj but no soundcard i been contacting the team here on the site and all the links they sending me leads no where am so frustrated am loosing money cant get to go out a do my gigs any help thanks

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 1:45 am

it's considered rude to hijack threads Cartel.

Ron - not sure what issue you're having with browser or songs loading - haven't had any issues on either desktop or laptop in that respects.
as far as drivers go I have dedicated video cards that I have check for updates on my schedule so can't speak much for those issues. nvidia is pretty good at keeping up with working drivers

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 2:27 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@cartel hustler johnson

start your own thread with pictures of your audio config and as mentioned interrupting a thread with something unrelated is poor netiquette.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 3:30 am
Hi wildcountryclub

The Intel hd4000 driver issue is related to multiple native resolutions. I do a Sunday karaoke using a single large screen wall mounted house TV plus my own little monitor for the singers. Anyway the driver update moved the picture on the big TV over to the left so that half was missing. I normally connect my monitor first and later the big TV. Doing it the other way around resulted in my small monitor not working at all. I've been using the old drivers for a long time and they work fine. Every so often Win 10 home does a graphics update and breaks my system.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 8:40 am
This is exactly the reason I completely disable Windows updates.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 9:08 am
Total opposite for me, I get every update automatically. Why? Because I'm not a software engineer, and these people know way more than I do. I guess I have been fortunate, because I have not had issues. I do the same with VirtualDJ, and update just before I start at the club. However, I also have way too many older builds on the machine, so if anything does go wrong, I can go back. I also have a backup that gets auto updates from Microsoft.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 4:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)