Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Tags lost

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi...recently, i started VDJ and lost many (but not all) tags from videofiles.
My files are on an external drive, so i can use it also on a second notebook in case of emergency.
I have a copy of these files on the c-drive, and also there the videotags are gone
If i'm correct, you cannot tag videofiles on their own, but the tags are saved within VDJ.
The problem has occured more in the older videocodecs (mpg, wmv,...)

What can be the cause of this happening?
How can i prevent this from happening again?
Is this caused by a update of VDJ, or an update in Windows?
Which possibiliteis are there that i something to cause this?
thnx, grtz

Posté Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 10:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The tags are stored in database.xml, stored in documents/virtualdj for the internal drive and in a virtualdj folder on the external drive.
You can check both files modified date, perhaps there's a permission issue preventing vdj from reading this file

Posté Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 10:23 am
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
There is no read problem.
The tags are gene in the xml file
The question... How come?

Posté Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 11:22 pm
btipro1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are most users just playing around with VDJ for fun or hobby? I have 2 server rack mounted home built computers, both have 8TB nearly full. 1 is for backup and one I use for shows. I play 99% music video and an occasional karaoke song. If you want to get into video, check out Promo Only. I love my VDJ almost 10 years now. If it's not for you, sorry, but the staff are great with fixes if you have an issue.Good luck to everybody out there, VDJ sets you up for success. Going to video takes your game to an all new level. You wouldn't be reading this if eye tunes didn't belong in the graveyard.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 4:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)