Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet running VDJ under UBUNTU LINUX anyone else? - Page: 2
All Linux users if you have Pulseaudio/JACK installed I highly recommend replacing it with Pipewire. Fixes all known sound issues when using Virtual DJ on Linux

Posté Fri 05 Nov 21 @ 2:03 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you try to play with the experimental skin option in virtualdj settings? Maybe it could help you.

And what do you have in regedit ("wine regedit") for this key? If you could make a screenshot
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\

Posté Sun 14 Nov 21 @ 11:30 am
There is no Direct3D folder

Are you having a bit of an issue?

Posté Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 6:16 pm
djcel wrote :
Can you try to play with the experimental skin option in virtualdj settings? Maybe it could help you.

And what do you have in regedit ("wine regedit") for this key? If you could make a screenshot
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\

If you are installing VirtualDJ 2021 for the first time and would like to use DXVK drivers (Vulcan Drivers) then I would recommend that you follow this github page

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk

Then install VirtualDJ 2021 as it renders better with then ative linux Vulcan drivers than with DirectX. Basically what it does is fools wine in to thinking its using DirectX drivers but in fact its using the wine .dlls to pass through to Linux OpenGL. DXVK is used extensively now with most Windows Games via Linux.

If you have any issues setting this up I would be more than happy to assist you further.

In addition the graphics drivers, pulseaudio has seen its days... check out pipewire much better sound and lower latency.

Posté Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 10:51 pm
Yeah, Wine....I tried that for years. No success, BUT NOW THERE IS "BOTTLES" with a nice UI and it WORKS.
Try it out!! You get it on Flatpak.
Dump WINDOWS!!!!!
Call me up if you want to know more.....

Posté Thu 30 Jun 22 @ 12:50 pm
Hallo Martin !
I managed to install VirtualDJ on Bottles and my Numark controller works as well ! This is my last project before dumping Windows completely (I'm writing this on a 100% Linux laptop).
A few questions, the graphics on VirtualDJ seem to be "jumping" or not staying quiet, maybe flickering is the right word. What have you put in your configuration to avoid this ? If I manage to get stable graphics on VirtualDJ it's very usable !
Danke aus Wien,
Miguel

Posté Sat 03 Sep 22 @ 6:40 pm