Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Saving in mp3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

lfbenHome userMember since 2018
Hi all.
First of all I apologize for this very basic question, but I'm really new in this environment.
I created my first playlist just to get a bad surprise: the customer cd player is not able to recognize a m3u file.
Old gear, being able to read mp3, but I cannot find where I can say VDJ to save in this format.
Can anybody be so kind to tell me where I'm wrong ?
Thanks in advance

Posté Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 8:37 pm
A playlist does not have any audio in it. It's just a list of pointers so that you can tell software to play the tracks (like your mp3 files) in a certain order, or keep collections of tracks for easy access. But the actual audio tracks (mp3s) still needs to be there - at the locations the playlist is pointing at

But that rarely has anything to do with CDs. What precisely is it you are trying to do?

Posté Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 9:10 pm
Thanks Klaus.
You're right, I saw the playlist is just a sort of pointer.
The target I would like to achieve is to provide a guy with a 'mixed' list of tracks on a usb drive.
He has to connect the usb to a really old reader only supporting mp3/wma formats....

Posté Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 9:18 pm
So there's no CD player involved? Why did you mention CD?

It seems to me that you will have to record your mix as one long MP3 file, which the reader will be able to play.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 6:39 am
groovindj wrote :

It seems to me that you will have to record your mix as one long MP3 file, which the reader will be able to play.

Yes, that would also be my suggestion

If you want it as single files you can set that up whan you record your mix (recordAutoSplit). It may only work if you use the crossfader to mix

If you don't want to mix, but just need an order, I wouldn't even use VDJ.
I would simply copy the files to the USB, rename them starting with a number (01, 02, 03 and so on) and play them alphabetically

Posté Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 8:39 am
Thanks guys for your suggestion.
I'll manage it and let you know.

Posté Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 4:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)