Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Importing V7 Database Into V8 Without Waiting The Week Timeframe

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've read a few times on here that if you have a V7 database, it wont import into V8 unless some time has gone by. Most of the stuff I read has said it's about a week. That's even if you delete the database.xml out of the V8 folders.

I made a bunch of changes last night in v7 to tracks on an older laptop (added cue points, file edits, created comments, etc), and I keep everything on an external drive so I can swap it between computers. I fired up my gig laptop that has V8 on it, and it didn't import the V7 database, even though I deleted the V8 one.

I have a large gig on Saturday and I need the V7 one to import, but I'm fearful that if it takes the week timeframe like so many have stated, then the stuff I did to tracks last night won't be ready in V8 until next week. So what can I do to resolve this other than making all the edits all over again but this time in V8?

Posté Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 12:03 pm
You need to delete "database.xml" from all drives in order to import right away

Posté Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 12:33 pm
I did that and it didn't work. I deleted every single database.xml I could find, including the Virtual DJ folder that V8 creates and it didn't import.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 1:28 pm
Try it yourself. Go into V7, make some changes like add cue points or edit file info and tags, close, delete all V8 databases, open V8 and nothing. The only thing I get is the pop up asking if I want to upgrade to the latest version. No popups asking if I want to import the V7 database because it's newer.

Every single post I've read on here about the import has said that V8 will not import a V7 database until some time has gone by. Most people have said the time limit is a week and that's not good.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 2:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can try to delete settings.xml file (from VDJ folder) too along with the v8 database files/folders..
If not mistaken its the settings <database> and probably <timestamp> so you can try to open settings.xml and delete those lines

Posté Fri 12 Oct 18 @ 6:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The date comparison is based on the date of the actual database, but is only relevant if database.xml already exists.
If there is no v8 database it should always import from the v7 database.
(Note that in that case it is done automatically, so you will not get any pop ups)

Posté Fri 12 Oct 18 @ 7:01 am
It doesnt import. I tried it again last night. Deleted EVERYTHING except my V7 stuff. All V8 database.xml files, all V8 settings and folders on my laptop and even double checked to make sure there was nothing on my external drive. Launched V8 and still nothing. It wont import at all. Kind of annoyed because I have this big event tomorrow and now I have to spend time again making all the edits and file tag changes in V8 that mirrors what I did in V7. I guess this will teach me to not use V7 anymore for file edits and I'll have to make sure I put V8 on that other laptop since it's already on my gig one that I use. I just see this being a major pain for those who still use both and having to wait for databases to transfer over after a certain time limit.

Posté Fri 12 Oct 18 @ 12:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly do you tell if the database is imported or not ?

- Does V8 generates database.xml files large enough as your v7 ones ?
- Do you get your Filter/Virtual folders (in case you have such in v7 DB) ?
- Do the Hotcues of your tracks show up in v8 ? Does Search work as expected ?
- Or is just some Database fields that don't show up the same way, and if so, which ones ?

Posté Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 8:52 am
Visionz5, any update on this? I currenty use V7 and want to start to use V8 but doesn't want to do all the work again, I already did in V7.

Thanks to share your experience,

Johan.

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 12:39 pm
You shouldn't have any issues. For most users, importing works fine.

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 4:28 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you are still worried. Make a back-up of your database & settings files then update and check/tests the result by yourself.
If not ok, ask us first for comments and then restore the database if it doesn't work as expected.
But it should work as expected.

Posté Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 10:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)