Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DJ Tech Tools review - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I personally love the car analogy, and use it often. Who buys a BMW, and constantly cries about what the Mercedes has? I would think that you weigh the options, and make an educated choice based on your needs. With DJ software I did the same thing. Of course there is room for improvement with everything, but the constant comparisons is mind boggling to me. These reviews keep these people in business, and they have to write them ever so often. I don't truly understand why it matters to most of us, because we are more than capable of making our own decisions, (well I am anyway). I don't have to have "everything" to rock the house, so why focus on these littles differences? The truth is some of you will always want more, and for what? I personally put myself in my crowds shoes, and want to here the song, not constant effects all night. We are all different, and I just keep working, and upgrading my software. I am not worried about the software that some other DJ in my club is using.

Posté Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 10:36 pm
Adion wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
...but even with a vst the effect doesn't work postfader, none of them do

It doesn't matter if the plugin is a vst, native dsp effect or vdj installed dsp effect, if fxProcessing is set to post then it works postfader.
Just checked with TAL-Reverb4, and it the reverb tail continues after closing the fader.

But if you turn the effect off it stops, so theres no punch action which makes it not post-fader completely. Turning the effect of should only kill whats fed to the processor but not what's coming from the processor. That is done right in VDJ but the effect volume and feedback should be separate parameters. So you can control the volume without extending or shortening the echo amounts.

Posté Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 3:45 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
But if you turn the effect off it stops, so theres no punch action which makes it not post-fader completely.

Yes it is.
That has nothing to do with post fader since post fader literally means "post fader" - the crossfader or the deck level fader
You may then like what you are decribing one way or another
Personally I would consider your way a bug - when you stop the effect on the effect it should stop - like it does on other musical equipment, like guitar pedals

Posté Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 9:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that both the default Echo and default Reverb have an option called 'Trailing Stop' for exactly this purpose, so that they fade out after disabling the effect.

Posté Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 9:12 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I use the volume effect as an always last in the fx chain.... it means I run post fader but oddly have pre control too

Posté Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 9:13 am
ScooxHome userMember since 2018
Regarding stability, to VDJ's credit it starts up much more quickly than Traktor ever did, and indeed it has not crashed once on me while putting it through its paces. Traktor has never crashed on my during a set but it has done so a few times at home while opening and closing the Settings window, which causes the UI to freeze (sound keeps playing and MIDI controllers keep responding though) and, as I said, the software to crash. I wouldn't dare to open that window during a set. Things may have changed in Traktor 3, but I would say Traktor overall feels heavier.

Regarding third-party FX plugins, I would expect the built-in FX to be less likely to cause a crash than third-party plugins. I certainly feel more at ease not running third-party VSTs. In the end the crowd doesn't care if you are using a VST reverb or the built-in one as long as they like what they hear. But the crowd does care about a VST plugin crashing the software.

Regarding support, from my recent experience here on the forums I can say with confidence that the user community round here seem very supportive and Atomix staff quick to reply, can't say the same about NI.

Posté Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 9:31 am
Scoox wrote :
... and Atomix staff quick to reply, can't say the same about NI.

Rumor has it that NI don't have any Traktor Staff
Instead they have a team that handles new versions of several solutions
So (again rumor has it) for instance when the latest Machine was being made, no techs/devs were assigned to Traktor for a long period of time
Right now with Traktor 3 just released, and bugs being fixed, there are probably some

Posté Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 9:50 am
visionz5 wrote :
I love VDJ but I still feel that Serato's time code and DVS functionality is a lot better. And dont get me started on Rekordbox. lol Horrible! But VDJ is definitely the most stable out of all of them in my opinion.

I used think SERATO was the only good vinyl DVS worth using but that was last year before VDJ 2018. The trick with VDJ 2018 is that you really need to take time and play around with ALL the settings in the "options" menu. First change it to "all settings" and turn off "tooltip" and "load security" they just slow you down and waste time.

Then turn on both "get tags Auto" and "set tags Auto". Also set "get cues from tags" to "always" for saving hotcues and reading SERATO hotcues. Yes it CAN do that.

After that , The most important setting is probably "timecode silence" and adjust from range "0.01 to "0.03" for drifting for double copies of the same song. VDJ calls it "clone deck" SERATO calls it "instant doubles" My setting is "0.02-0.025" range, but you need to test it yourself for best setting for you. SERATO 's "sticker lock" is the same thing, but not adjustable, just on or off.

And finally , you need to use the right skin for best performance. Use default skin in tablet mode, but there is a trick here for best performance. You need to use the custom buttons and set left and right deck to "user" mode to use them..

Press on each one of the 4 empty buttons to put in a command one at a time. My personal commands are:

1) load: For speed loading a song to a deck. No mode drag and drop, just highlight song and press "load"
2)clone_deck: Just press button on playing deck makes instant dupe for juggling and chasing on other deck. Better than SERATO 's shift, Alt and arrow buttons on keyboard.
3)linein: For when you need to play REAL vinyl. Trust me you may be happy to have this, press again goes back to the same song you were playing.
4)timecode_mode: Believe it or not, being able to switch from relative to absolute to smart is nice and useful.

Hope that helps, works for me it goes REALLY nice with a touch screen and you will notice a difference.

A

Posté Sat 24 Nov 18 @ 9:56 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
But if you turn the effect off it stops, so theres no punch action which makes it not post-fader completely.

Yes it is.
That has nothing to do with post fader since post fader literally means "post fader" - the crossfader or the deck level fader
Personally I would consider your way a bug - when you stop the effect on the effect it should stop - like it does on other musical equipment, like guitar pedals

But makes it hard to drop a track on same deck if you still want the trails to continue. The default echo does that.. Ot just needs separate feedback and volume level controls.

Posté Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 12:38 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Yes it is.

But makes it hard to drop a track on same deck if you still want the trails to continue. The default echo does that.. Ot just needs separate feedback and volume level controls.
It's like imitating a side chain send.

Posté Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 12:40 am
Traktor pro 3 crash! 3 times in demo version what a joke !I don't know how they can make people to buy unstable software like that ?shame,shame! virtual dj stable as rock I had only one crash with VDj 7 years ago and that happend because my firmware was outdated ,I just updated latest update and never ever happend again!

Posté Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 9:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)