Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Ignore and the restore FX breaks FX list alphabetical order

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ScooxHome userMember since 2018
VDJ v8.3 b4592 Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Steps to reproduce problem (for a give deck):

1. Right-click FX in Deck Effects drop-down menu, menu opens
2. Right click and effect, e.g. "Backspin", select "Ignore". This puts it in a sub-folder named "Ignore"
3. Go into the Ignore folder, where you should see Backspin.
4. Right-click on Backspin and select "Restore"
5. Navigate out of the Ignore folder back to the parent folder and locate "Backspin"

Expected result: "Backspin" appears at the top of the list like it used to be, in alphabetical order
Actual result: "Backspin" appears at the bottom of the list, not in alphabetical order!

Posté Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 7:17 am
Yes "new" effects will start out at the bottom. It's the same if you add new effects
The effect will return to it's normal poition the next time VDJ is started

Posté Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 8:05 am
Thanks, that's indeed the case. Obviously, it would be nice if the sort could happen immediately—perhaps something for VDJ devs to consider for a future update.

Posté Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 10:06 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
lincol2 wrote :
Drop down view does not show effects in alphabetical order even after it is refreshed.
Would help if it is in alphabetical order, right now Audio Cut8 is the middle of the drop down view.

SBDJ wrote :
Internal effects are listed first at present :)

lincol2 wrote :
Internal effects are listed first at present well I see that, thanks SBDJ, however my first instinct looking for eg Audio Cut8 would be at the top. Respect.

This topic concern was raised before and here we see more users needs to see drop down effects in alphabetical order.

Posté Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 4:25 pm
Hope they take care of this. Alternatively, they could allow manual sorting. In Traktor FX can be ordered manually, this way users can have their most frequently used effects will appear at the top. Either solution would work for me.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 18 @ 9:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Scoox wrote :
Hope they take care of this. Alternatively, they could allow manual sorting. In Traktor FX can be ordered manually, this way users can have their most frequently used effects will appear at the top. Either solution would work for me.

While it is indeed something small that could be fixed, I'm wondering about your workflow if it really hinders you in your workflow.
Usually you will not be constantly installing/uninstalling effects I would think. Once you have installed the ones you like to use they would pretty much remain the same no?

Posté Sun 02 Dec 18 @ 10:40 am
If the list is initially sorted alphabetically, it is reasonable for users to expect it to remain so when a new item is added. Failing to meet small expectations like this can make the UI feel "unpolished", that's all. But, yeah, definitely not a show-stopper :)

Posté Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 5:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)