Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Mapped my controller Gain button to the Filter control and all hell broke loose

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I do a bit of radio broadcasting on-line and my gear includes a for home-use Herc RMX, which I custom mapped for functionality. Yesterday out of "boredom" I decided to map my Gain knob to the Filter function on VDJ 2018 and noticed a bit of delay when loading on decks 3 and 4. I then prepped my radio show and though nothing further of the delay.

Last night while mixing during the broadcasting VDJ 2018 crashed 3 times... apart from the fact that I had some explaining to do... to the listeners of course.. I found it strange that the system crashed and thought it was due to the slow internet connection... but as soon as I remapped the Gain back to the default value my woes disappeared.

Anyone else had this happen after they remapped the Gain control of their controller?

Posté Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 9:20 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What was the exact mapping? Just "filter" ?

Posté Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 9:43 am
PachN wrote :
What was the exact mapping? Just "filter" ?

Yes it was

Posté Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 10:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If it was just .. filter.. then shouldnt affect performance at all, or crash The only case i think of is that when you changed the action, a new mapping was created and the ONINIT actions were executed. Do you have something mapped in the ONINIT key of your controller ?

BTW, your recent crashes seem to be related to broadcast and not controllers or anything else, Dev Team will have a look, but probably unrelated to your custom mapping.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 1:14 pm
Thanks DJ Dad, much appreciated...

Posté Sun 02 Dec 18 @ 3:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)