Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Bar's monitor will not work during karaoke

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have a weird dilemma. I can hook up to 4 monitors to my computer/splitter and it works fine everywhere except one bar. The big TV they have will not work for me. It works for the other karaoke host on the other nights at the same bar. But I cannot get it to work. Mine works everywhere but here. Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it? It makes zero sense. I even bought a $50 adapter and still nothing.

I am grasping at straws now - anyone?

Posté Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 9:13 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Have you tried it without the splitter - that is, a direct connection? Are you plugging into another distribution system at the bar or straight from your splitter into the TV? Any details on the brand and model of the TV?

Posté Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 10:26 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
If your sure it works for the other guy on all 4 monitors whereas only 3 for you it suggests the laptop resolutions are set different or he has a better splitter. He might only be running 720p while you are using 1080p. Have a look at what he is doing..it should not be a big problem.

I'd just try setting up the troublesome monitor by itself perhaps even not using a splitter amplifier.

All the new smart monitors are good but some older ones can be bitches.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Posté Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 10:49 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The point I'm making is related to distance. As the transmission distance increases a cables ability to transmit data reduces hence a reduction in resolution can help.

Posté Sat 15 Dec 18 @ 12:54 pm
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have the same problem long time ago, and the problem was the type of HDMI Connector, they are five different HDMI connectors Type (A, B, C, D, and E), I notice that one that have problem was a old TV

Posté Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 3:46 am
VDJ Ron wrote :
The point I'm making is related to distance. As the transmission distance increases a cables ability to transmit data reduces hence a reduction in resolution can help.

Gotcha. The other KJ tried his splitter and cables on my computer. It still did not work. We tried with and without the splitters (straight shot), still nothing. But we did not compare resolutions. He is playing there tonight. I will go by and find out what his resolution is set at.

And yes, it is a very old large screen TV.

Thanks!

Posté Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 2:03 pm
Let us know how it turns out.

Posté Wed 26 Dec 18 @ 7:50 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Let us know how it turns out.

It was my computer, I guess, even though it works in this manner at other bars and at home on up to 4 TVs at any given time.

Desperate I still have my last computer lying around. It's only about 3 years old. I installed VDJ and took it to the gig. It worked like a charm. So I'm using my older laptop as my karaoke laptop now. UGH!

I have no clue.

Posté Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 10:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)