Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Is VDJ compatible with the DDJ-400? [YES IT IS] - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Is VDJ now compatible with the Pioneer DDJ-400?
When going to "Hardware" und the "Support Section" it's listed, but I haven't seen a downloadable Skin for it in the "Download section".

I dunno want to move to Rekordbox as I dunno like that Software but I really like the Design and functions of the DDJ-400.

Did anybody aready have experience with this Controller & VDJ???

Posté Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 2:35 pm
You dont need a special skin to use a controller with VirtualDJ, in fact most all use the default skin.

Having the skin look like the controller is really not much of a point or purpose, and was perhaps more a thing back when controllers were very expensive, and you wanted some look-alike DJ gear on your computer screen, mixing with mouse and keyboard... :)

Use default skin (or other available skin), and you'll be fine ;-)

And the DDJ-400 is plug and play with VirtualDJ 2018
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj400/index.html

Posté Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 2:43 pm
As Rune says a skin is not important. It's a gimmick at best
A mapping is important. And for the DDJ-400 the mapping is included in the software, and the controller is listed as Natively Supported
I have a DDJ-400. It works great with VDJ. I rarely use it with Rekordbox

Posté Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 4:00 pm
Serato DJ, Rekordbox and Traktor don't use skins and they are regarded by many (although not us here!) as professional software.

As I regularly say on here when the subject arises, it makes much more sense for the skin to show only the things which are not on the controller - so the skin doesn't need knobs, buttons and jogwheels if you have real ones to use. It only needs to show track information, waveforms and so on.

Posté Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 6:04 pm
This is probably a quite common mistake, to believe VDJ needs a certain skin to be able to work with specific controller.
Its the mapping that matters, as you say.
Well explained Rune and Groovin and klaus

Posté Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 7:01 pm
El Skin Es solo un detalle visual pero si escoges un tema que se adecue a las propiedades de este controlador la verdad va muy bien, yo utilizo un skin tipo serato dj en el link de descargas aparece como : Controller HD by DennYo y me ha ido muy bien trabajándolo con todas las lineas de Pioneer Dj, aunque no funciona igual que en rekordbox (100%) ya que es su software nativo es una potente herramienta integrado a Virtual Dj y funciona excelente para mi, trabajar video en VDJ es prioridad desde hace mas de 10 años, y ahora que mis presentaciones pequeñas las hago con el DDJ-400 estoy que no me cambio solo hay un detalle con el tema de los efectos el cual debes configurar pero gracias a VDJ esto es muy fácil de resolver. Espero te sea de ayuda mi experiencia saludos !

Posté Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 5:17 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@djcamilocampuzano
Por favor escriba en inglés en este foro.

Please type in English in this forum

Posté Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 6:58 pm
I am having a problem, the controller does not work on my vdj, can anyone please help. I can't use record box and it slower than vdj.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 19 @ 10:49 am
Njabulodj wrote :
I am having a problem, the controller does not work on my vdj, can anyone please help. I can't use record box and it slower than vdj.

You need at fairly recent VDJ for it to be supported, so if you are not using the latest version, download and install it from the download section
Then you need to be a licensed use (not a home user like you are now), so you need to buy a license. If not it will only run for 10 min at the time (test period)

Posté Wed 03 Apr 19 @ 1:15 pm
Njabulodj wrote :

You can buy a

VDJ Home Plus for DDJ400
(Works only with this Controller)

Works with all native Controllers:

A buyed
VDJ Pro Infinity (Lifetime License)

Or rent
VDJ Pro Subscriber (Monthly Subscription)

https://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posté Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 9:03 am

Posté Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 10:12 am
i bought the pioneer DDJ-400, I try to connect it with Virtual Dj8 (i bought license for Virtual Dj 8 Pro infinity) but i cannot log in. So when i start to play from the controller after a while asks me to log in in order to identify but when i try it i cant.
May somebody could help me with this?

Posté Sat 11 May 19 @ 6:59 pm
Did you ever have a cracked version on your laptop? Because part of the crack is to block access to the login servers

Posté Sat 11 May 19 @ 7:36 pm
This will sound like a crazy question but I don't know anything about setups, is it possible to set up vdj so I can use 2 of the controllers at once? I fiddle around with the 4 deck layout and use 3 at once when I practice mixing from time to time.

Posté Thu 04 Jul 19 @ 10:47 pm
Yes, here are a couple of videos showing using 2 controllers to control 4 (or 6) decks:

Posté Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 5:26 pm
Thank you very much for the video, I couldn't seem to use the right words to find a video like this I guess.

Posté Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 11:29 pm
Plz guide me &help me how can use virtual DJ software in ddj 400

Posté Fri 20 Sep 19 @ 4:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Fri 20 Sep 19 @ 5:09 pm
please guys help me i have pioneer DDJ 400 but it has refused to work on vdj 8.1 infinity

Posté Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:04 pm
You will need to provide a lot more detail than just "it has refused to work"...

Posté Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:16 pm
83%