Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW JAN 2019] Denon Prime 4 standalone controller, leaked. - Page: 3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

You need to post in English here (or use the correct forum for your language).

The Prime 4 is a standalone "DJ System". The whole reason behind it is that it does not require a computer to play music.

To the best of my knowledge, at this moment it does not work with any DJ software. There is no need for it to do so, because it works standalone.

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:26 pm

Thank you very much for the answer, the problem is that engine does not use video, I have mcx8000 that works very well, I'll have to think about whether to change it or not.

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:45 pm
Very few DJ controllers are designed for video. Especially standalone systems.

I think the only current unit (which is not standalone) is the Pioneer DDJ-RZX.

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:48 pm

Will you be working on the development to be compatible? or do you see it unlikely?

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:49 pm
groovindj wrote :
Very few DJ controllers are designed for video. Especially standalone systems.

I think the only current unit (which is not standalone) is the Pioneer DDJ-RZX.

I have denon mcx8000 and it works very well, what a pity that prime 4 is not compatible.

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:54 pm
Atomix staff have already stated that the Prime 4 will be supported in the future, including customizing the screen display.

As usual they don't give ETA and it will most likely be some months away.

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
Atomix staff have already stated that the Prime 4 will be supported in the future, including customizing the screen display.

As usual they don't give ETA and it will most likely be some months away.

Thank you very much for your information. You've been very kind.

Posté Wed 15 May 19 @ 5:00 pm
I know vitual dj can never let us down on prime 4 meanwhile vitual dj is second to non in software basis

Posté Tue 11 Jun 19 @ 12:55 pm
Denon have just released an OS update to the Prime 4 that has the much-requested horizontal waveforms.

Unfortunately (IMO anyway) the layout still sucks bigtime.

No browser whatsoever! At least in the vertical mode you had a few tracks visible. Now there's nothing. I'd rather have a browser than two giant waveforms filling the lower half.

Where's the two deck view? Where's the artist info on each deck?

It looks like you can only see elapsed or remaining time, not both. Also apparently when you switch between them it affects all decks at once.

Is there no one designing these screens at Denon that is actually a DJ?! Did no one at Denon give feedback before they released it?

I love the idea of the Prime 4 and am constantly fighting with myself over buying one - but some of these things astonish me.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 6:09 pm
I'm with you 100%. Whoever designs the software and interfaces for Denon has never been a DJ .... if they were the workflow and layout would be far more advanced.

For such a new product, why didn't Denon release a skinnable screen, with an app for creating modular sections and layouts?

My MCX8000 has been in for repair for 6 weeks now (I actually think the dealer has lost it) but if I do get a new controller it won't be the Prime 4. I'm really disappointed with Denon lately.

Thing I laughed at was all the pre-order superheroes going on about dumping their laptop and software for something that is considerably worse. I don't get it.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 7:21 pm
There is a two deck view apparently. Someone's just posted a pic on the Denon forum.

One deck below the other so we get the full width to display stuff in - but there's nothing displayed there! Still no artist info, no genre, no rating, no year...

If it's not possible for Denon to enable user skinning then they should have a design competition. Winner gets a P4 with their design on it!

Posté Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 7:36 pm
Like VDJ it should have both touch and non-touch interfaces ..... and mouse support.

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 6:36 am
kinda confused why a stand alone controller would have mouse support.

the idea of this unit is to not use a computer with it.

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 10:29 am
I agree. It’s got keyboard support, so with that and all the knobs & buttons on the unit, there should be no need for a mouse.

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 11:42 am
Mouse is a good tool also for standalone equipment. Just look at a lighting console for example.

Posté Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 1:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)