Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Pioneer DDJ SX3 (new unit as of Jan. 2019 w/black dot) Shake Freeze waveform - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

dlware7PRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello everyone. I want to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. I received the unit about a week ago so it's the latest unit w/ the black dot from Pioneer. I'm experiencing the same issue with (3) different Pioneer Controllers - DDJ SX2, DDJ SZ, DDJ SX3. NO issues with Numark N4 controller. Also, the same issue is experience on a different laptop for all 3 Pioneer controllers. Numark N4 controller play fine on the different laptop.

Issue: Randomly, the song waveform "shake" and audio freeze for about 10 secs (no audio) then continue playing. Both decks experience the issue. This is happening on the Pioneer controllers on different laptops. Issue seems to only occur with Virtual DJ 8 and Pioneer controllers.

Pioneer 1.02 firmware is installed on the DDJ SX3 (just received shipment from Pioneer this month (January 2019) - newest controller with black dot). Driver 1.00 (only driver) is installed. The latest firmware and driver installed for other controllers as well.

OS
Windows 10 (64bit)

PC Specs:
HP
Product Name
15-p030nr
Product Number
G6R14UA
Microprocessor
1.7GHz up to 2.7GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-5545M APU
Microprocessor Cache
4MB L2 Cache
Memory
8GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
Video Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 8510G graphics with up to 4224MB total graphics memory
Display
15.6-inch diagonal HD WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366x768)
Hard Drive
1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Troubleshooting:
-Verified latest drivers, BIOS, VDJ 8 update, firmware etc. are installed.
-Uninstalled and reinstall Pioneer driver
-Disabled USB Suspend Setting
-Disabled Sleep, Hibernate, etc. Power Options (include Hard Drive)
-Unchecked Allow Windows to Power Down Pioneer Driver
-Test different USB ports (tested on a different laptop all together)
-Test different USB cord and original USB cord.
-Change buffer size settings per Pioneer website. No success. Restored to default.
-Changed default Sound Device to per Pioneer Forum. No Success.
-Perform clean install of DDJ SX3 driver

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 8:24 pm
HP machines are notorious for having bad drivers that cause latency issues.

Try a letency monitor to see if the spikes correspond with the sound drop-outs.

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 10:29 pm
Thanks. I will give it a try. However, here are the specs from my other PC that is experiencing the same issue and it's an Acer. It's not just the HP. I appreciate your response.

Acer
Windows 10 x64
Ideapad320
AMD A12-9720P quad-core 2.7-3.6GHz 2MB cache (User Benchmark CPU score: 35)
Graphics (GPU) AMD Radeon R7 integrated graphics (User Benchmark GPU score: 8)
System Memory (RAM) 8GB
Storage 1000GB (1TB) HDD

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 11:00 pm
Here is some common software information on both Windows 10 PCs experiencing the problem. ALL software is up-to-date.

- Norton Security 22.16.3.21
- Malwarebytes 3.6.1.2711
- AMD Radeon Graphics Driver
- CCleaner

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 11:07 pm
Pioneer ASIO driver .... try increasing the latency in the Pioneer control panel

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 11:07 pm
Disabled all of the security software and still experienced the same result.

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 11:09 pm
Interesting finding is Windows 7 works okay with the DDJ SX3 on an older Acer laptop that has an Intel display driver.

Posté Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 11:19 pm
maybe your controller requires intel processor? check your specs on controller.

Posté Mon 28 Jan 19 @ 4:40 am
Great point and very helpful. Here are the specs of the DDJ SX3. I have confirm it works on a Win7 PC with Intel. I'm hoping to test this weekend on a Win10 PC with an Intel processor and graphics card. I will confirm when testing is completed. I really appreciate everyone help.

Windows:

Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (the latest service pack)
CPU: Intel® processor Core™ i7, i5, i3: 1.07 GHz or above

Memory: 4 GB or more of RAM

Posté Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 3:54 am
It's always best to buy Intel for this very reason. Some software/hardware works exclusively on Intel (well it is the most popular CPU) so avoiding AMD is best.

Posté Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 5:34 pm
i heard alot of problems with windows 10 for thats the reason i run windows 7 until i get a higher performce computer such I7 with 8 core 12 ram speed 4.8 gigs the i might or at least think on trying windows 10. stick to what works and works well.

Posté Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 2:02 am
YES!!! I'M experiencing the SAME exact issue with my DDJ-SX3!! Sent back to Pioneer MULTIPLE times to "fix"! VERY frustrating and UNPROFESSIONAL!

I also have a AMD laptop...

Posté Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 6:11 am
I'm having the same problem with my sx3 as well. I'm running an HP beats audio with AMD processor

Posté Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 7:32 pm
Did anyone find a fix to this? I just got this sx3 2 weeks ago. I'm a working DJ and I can't afford to have a controller I can't rely on to work. Thinking of trading it in for a denon mx7000

Posté Mon 16 Dec 19 @ 2:41 pm
Most controllers unfortunately don't play well with AMD processors. Therefore you should consider to better change your laptop/processor. It is very possible that your new -other brand- controller will have similar issues as well.

Posté Tue 17 Dec 19 @ 9:57 am
Hi guys, I have this same experience. All functions and mappings works perfectly on my SX3.....but the big shock was indeed the audio/video drop out. I use VDJ to play music videos, and suddenly everything was frozen and came back after a few seconds. Very strange.
And I don't use a PC, but a MacBook Pro. So same issue with Mac....unfortunataly.
The question now; is this a DVJ problem or a Pioneer problem? Is there already more information about this? Thanks already.

Posté Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 10:37 am
A friend of mine uses SX3 with MAC OS every weekend on a big local club without any issues.
Of course that doesn't mean something specific other than that you should troubleshoot your system.
For starters try to get a new hi quality USB cable. Also if your MAC has more than one USB ports plug SX3 directly on one port (and the rest devices on a powered hub). If you have a new MAC with USB C port, a few issues have been reported regarding USB C ports in general (on new MBPs). Try to use a standard (powered) USB hub plugged on your USB C port to see if it helps.

For the most part, waves freezing/stuttering means that the controller (or at least it's sound interface) disconnects from the system.

Posté Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 11:09 am
It's a shame that I don't understand what the problem could be. I used the SX(1) for 5/6 years without any problems what so ever, almost every week. The SX3 is connected directly to one of my USB ports with a professional cable. It's not a new MacBook. Does the SX3 requires other specifications regarding memory or something like that?

Posté Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 3:09 pm
I tried and tested the following; go to settings >> performances >> set sample rate to 'Automatic'. I played 1,5 hour without having any problems.... so I hope this the solution. Fingers crossed....

Posté Thu 09 Jan 20 @ 10:04 pm
Too sad....this is not the solution either.

Posté Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 1:28 pm
80%