Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet How to get songs that has already been played, to show that it has? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HI, HOW DO I GET A SONG/SONGS THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PLAYED, TO SHOW THAT IT HAS? EG. TURN RED

Posté Fri 12 Apr 19 @ 5:55 pm
Please do not SHOUT!

I suggest you read the manual. The section covering the browser explains what the icons mean.

Posté Fri 12 Apr 19 @ 6:00 pm
There is something in settings that allows you to turn that feature off or on. Just browse through the settings menus. Also it will only show that it has played if you let it play for more that approximately 30 seconds to a minute and maybe or more. It might go by a percentage of the song. Not sure exactly how it works. but it will not show up right away that it has been played if you are queing and skipping through the songs.

Posté Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 5:55 pm
Grooving Dj that is how i text most times; not shouting. And thank u for responding.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 11:14 am
Ok Angels, I will recheck, even though i've checked so many times. Thank u

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 11:16 am
K PHRESSH wrote :
not shouting

Yes it is. There's absolutely no reason for you to use only capital letters when posting here. Just type normally.

Did you study the manual?

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 11:16 am
Honestly that's my thing, and wont change. I just like uppercase letters most times... No biggy...

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 11:42 am
....and the manual?

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 11:46 am
The manual says [Already Played; The track will receive the played overlay icon, if played for more than 45secs. This value can be adjusted from Options] *But doesnt show how to get them to do the action automatically*

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 11:47 am
It's already automatic. As the text says, after the track has been played for [an adjustable time] the icon will change.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:00 pm
Well my songs dont. They dont show green nor red, any at all. They use to though on vdj7

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:02 pm
No, the text in the browser doesn't change colour. Only the icon changes (and it may be slightly different depending on the skin).

The default icons in VDJ 7 were different (see here) but the browser text did not change colour. It never has, but people often ask for the feature.

Remember though, VDJ is not Serato. Serato is not VDJ. They are different software and have different ways of working.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:13 pm
Its the ICON i want to change, but they dont when i play a song........... I know Serato and Virtual dj are two different things thanks.....

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:22 pm
You've previously said that you want songs to change color to red....

For the icon to change, (as explained in the manual) the track has to play for a certain amount of time. Also the fader on that channel needs to be raised - the track needs to be audible from the master output.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:28 pm
Seems i am speaking Spanish; Sir, i play the song until it ends.. It doesnt show that it has been played any at all.. get me?

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:32 pm
*HI, HOW DO I GET A SONG/SONGS THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PLAYED, TO SHOW THAT IT HAS? EG. TURN RED

-Anything at all to show that it was played is all i need. Wether it be a symbol, icon, the whole title, doesnt matter. JUST SHOW THAT IT HAS BEEN PLAYED so i dont play it twice [even if i know the song by heart]

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:35 pm
Well how long are you playing the track for, and what is the historyDelay setting? Is the fader up on the correct channel?

If historyDelay is set to 45 seconds and you're only playing tracks for 30 seconds then the icon will not change. If the fader is not up, the icon will not change.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 12:49 pm
As i said, i play the tracks till the end........ Give another name for FADER. Is it the crossfader or pitch slider?

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 1:14 pm
as mentioned previously - check in options - search - history.
that will tell you how long until the software will recognize it as being played.
and the red line through the ICON where the song title is in the browser is the indication that the song has been played. it will appear as soon as the number of seconds elapsed you have set have gone by.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 1:24 pm
Fader.

Posté Sun 14 Apr 19 @ 1:26 pm
95%