Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Minor .VOB issue or not? Not sure

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

.vob file icon are not showing as being video until analyzed - showing up as music files. and if you set browser to Show only video - they do not show up. they have to be analyzed to show or be recognized as video files

Posté Wed 17 Apr 19 @ 7:43 pm
i knew i forgot something - thats with the current early access build

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 4:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Tried with a new vob file, and it's correctly marked as video here.

These are new files, or they have been in your library for a long time?

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 7:29 am
These and more ogv's had same problem. Ignore the word bad in the titles. Some of you are proud of your large collection of good video files. I am proud of my collection of bad video files. Collected many 'bad' AV files when doing the AV code... Bad meaning some problem but could work around. The things you call database and settings get thrown away by me from time to time so can't say when but they do show video once analyzed.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 8:08 am
ogv was indeed not automatically marked as video, but vob should (and does for me)

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 9:40 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
From my experience all containers/ file groups which may or may not have video/karaoke track are marked as audio by default until first load / analyse
aif/aiff webm ogg/ogm/ogv etc.are audio by default and mp3+G ogg+G zip does the same for karaoke tag
The fact is there is no other possibility but to analyse them to know what they do contain

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 11:29 am
new .vob files from Promo Only DVD ripped with VirtualDJ DVD ripper
boxed in field is First Seen

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 11:35 am
getTagsAuto is enabled?

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 11:56 am
You don't need to analyze them in the VDJ sense to get that info so maybe a lazy peek into the file with low priority.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:24 pm
This is already the case, but it is handled while reading tags (since often the file will need to be opened anyway at that point).
Some are just based on extension (such as vob), some based on additional file (mp3+cdg), and some based on tag info (mp4)

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:32 pm
getTagsAuto was set to 'no'.
haven't changed any settings and they've always been recognized before as video files. kinda weird..
changed to auto and now things are kinda normal
okay. guess that kinda solves that?

altho… kinda not too comfortable with settings changing on their own ya know?
or was this built in to an update somewhere along the line?
generally speaking I don't use .vob files - I always convert to mp4 - but these were still sitting on a batch folder waiting to be reviewed before conversion, so had not had a chance to notice any changes.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:38 pm
getTagsAuto was always on by default, and there has not been any update that changes this setting

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:43 pm
which leads me down another rabbit hole of confusion since I never changed that setting.
so do I chalk it up to "just one of those things"? or try to dig deeper?

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:46 pm
If you are sure you didn't change it accidentally yourself, then the only other causes I can think of is some custom skins, plugins or mappers, but I'm not sure why any of these would change that setting either.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:49 pm
Adion wrote :
This is already the case, but it is handled while reading tags (since often the file will need to be opened anyway at that point).
Some are just based on extension (such as vob), some based on additional file (mp3+cdg), and some based on tag info (mp4)

So the thing I mentioned is not handled automatically for some files like ogv etc.? Should be low impact. I mean reducing confusion is better than increasing it. I have a function to read the stream types and other tags as you do, but in this case you would just need to get the stream types.

Posté Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 1:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)