Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Please add midi support for DJM450 so I can return to pro subscription

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi There,

Please can you add a midi mapping and full support for the Pioneer DJM 450 Mixer ? I am dying to get back to virtual DJ with my turntables but am unable to use my DJM 450 because for some strange reason you don't support this really popular mid range home mixer.

I currently begrudge paying for pro subscription for my DDJ-RZ controller which I use once in a while, I use my TT's almost every day and would love to use virtual DJ again but I can't until you support the DJM 450, please please add a mapping.

Regards,

Michael

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 4:05 pm
What needs to be mapped? It's a standalone mixer!

Just use the "external mixer" mode in VDJ and send the outputs of each deck directly into the mixer.

When you've got a real hardware mixer in front of you, there's no need to use the onscreen software mixer.

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 4:27 pm
Hi There,
noone will tell me how to set the settings, I have no idea what you mean, I don't care whether the faders on the mixer moves the online faders on the software, i just want to use the mixer for dvs but I cant get it to work, how do i set the settings for THIS particular mixer please

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 5:47 pm
I have no idea what you mean by send the decks into the mixer, please explain how to set it up , I am at the end of my tether with it

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 5:51 pm
Start by reading the manuals for both VDJ and the DJM450...

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 5:51 pm
There is no manual for the djm 450 on virtual dj, I was hoping you would help me, I dont have a clue how to set it up

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 5:54 pm
Ok, do I need an extrenal soundcard for this because the pioneer djm 450 is not recognised and the manual for external mixer setup shows an external soundcard like an audio dj 2 being used

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 5:57 pm
No, of course there won't be a manual specifically for the 450 with VDJ - but there is a VDJ manual (which has a section on timecode) and there is a DJM450 manual (with details of configuring for timecode).

There's even a video (linked from the VDJ manual timecode page) about setting up timecode.

Posté Wed 08 May 19 @ 6:11 pm
This mixer doesn't really have any midi controls to map
But VDJ won't need to know the mixer is there to mix on the DJM450
As stated you need to setup VDJ to be just 2 players, that will be mixed elsewhere.
That means that the PFL will also be handled outside VDJ, because VDJ won't know which deck is currently being sent to master out

So it's all about external mixer mode
You can do this with just your laptop output, but then it will be 2x mono
Or you can use a multi-out soundcard so you can get 2x (or 4x) stereo out for your mixer
Since there is one inside the DJM450 I think it should be possible to use that one

Both ways are shown in this video starting at 8:50

On top of that you can use DVS to control the decks

Posté Thu 09 May 19 @ 11:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
FYI, Pioneer DJM-450 is now natively supported in VirtualDJ, starting from Build 5002 (which is currently in Early Access)

* to get this , enable the EarlyAccessUpdates setting and restart VirtualDJ

Posté Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 3:01 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)