Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Video 75.3 fps (8814.8 theoretical) just don't sound right ya kno?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

current public build, 64bit version, running nothing except a shader and had let it run for a while. no audio running or anything else except browser tabs open

have not as yet tested on 32bit but will later.
as soon as I disabled video it smoothed out. will be looking into it deeper after work in the morning

Posté Sat 11 May 19 @ 11:49 pm
For the video part it looks like what i get with 64bit version and "too old" graphic board with no directx 10.1 support. No Video, only shaders and plugins but TV are working well .

For the audio part, as far as i experimented this depends on configuration.
Some working 32bit settings with 32bit driver prevent silently VDJ64 to executel, some will crash VDJ and some may simply not work
However, creating a new audio config in VDJ64 mostly works

In this case better save your 32bit settings.xml and let VDJ64 recreate a new one
badly, this settings.xml may not work with VDJ x86 and even not used alternative configs may crash or prevent VDJ to run
I have 2 different PC where there is no way to share the xml file between VDJ x86 and VDJ64 for now

Posté Sun 12 May 19 @ 12:18 am
the above was with my desktop at home with nothing else running. win10, everything up to date, 4gb nvdia graphics card. it has handled the same shader previously with no issues even running them overnight with other things concurrently running to place pc under load.

Posté Sun 12 May 19 @ 12:59 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What are skinfps and videofps set to?

Posté Sun 12 May 19 @ 3:17 am
both skin and video are set for 60fps

Posté Sun 12 May 19 @ 7:56 am
Do you have a monitor with a higher refresh rate than 60Hz?
You could try setting both to 59 instead of 60.

Posté Sun 12 May 19 @ 8:02 am
not unless I hook up to my son's plasma tv, but that's in another room.
experimental skin engine is set to "no"
there no other plug-ins running for current testing.
desktop monitors are 60hz and 59hz and while they list 60hz as option on the second monitor for some reason it will not change to 6ohz.
the 32bit version is also showing some weirdness in the difference between theoretical vs skin and video fps.
the test for this one was a 2 minute 720p video loop of a moving starfield

the exact same loop in either version shows a slowly climbing video theoretical fps. with nothing else running on the computer.

after more fun filled testing I found out that the second I change video to Preview only - this happens.

and in windowed mode the theoretical is.... well... variable? anywhere from 75fps to 500fps.

I don't get it.

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 7:47 am
If you are running windows 10 I would recommend setting experimentalSkinEngine to yes. Especially on the 32-bit version that will probably give the boost needed to reach 60fps instead of 48.
The theoretical value may indeed be wrong and accuracy may depend on video card and drivers.

Did you try to set skinFps/videoFps to 59 and see what values you get then?

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 8:09 am
How are you calculating the theoretical value? Seems like a load of crap to me. Have you ever seen it make sense?

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 8:55 am
59fps on 64bit

memory hog shader - "Better UV Mapping"

"infinicube" shader

32bit version - experimental skin engine on, skin and video set to 59fps
infinicube

"better uv mapping" shader

geometry shader

Posté Tue 14 May 19 @ 10:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)