Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Needing to truncate videos

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

OMG, I have been looking and searching and STILL CANNOT find a way to truncate a video file in the Video Editor. I KNOW there has to be a way! I don't want to jump ahead in a song using Cue Points, where I have to be there to do it. I just want it to automatically jump to the right spot by itself. There are tons of videos out there where the music will stop in the middle of the song to show some act or scene like in a movie. I want a way to bypass it automatically so I don't have to keep jumping ahead manually. How is this done?

Posté Fri 17 May 19 @ 7:45 pm

Posté Fri 17 May 19 @ 8:29 pm
I've tried that. I looked that up and read it a long time ago. I tried everything from Mix Cut Start, Mix Cut End, Automix points, Remix Points, etc., and nothing automaticaly in real time cuts the section out that I need.
The only things that seems to work is Track Cleaner, but that's very basic and not precise at all. You can't even Zoom into the waveforms and edit precisely on that.
Okay. Let me rephrase that. I can't Zoom in because I'm using a laptop and it requires a Mouse to zoom in. So I guess I'll have to get a mouse for that to zoom in. LOL
Unless you can think of any other way to cut segments of a video out?

Posté Fri 17 May 19 @ 8:52 pm
Chris Hooper wrote :
nothing automaticaly in real time cuts the section out that I need

Yes it does. The whole idea of the POI editor is that it allows you to set actions etc that happen automatically when the track gets to a certain place.

If you can't understand the written info in the manual, there are lots of videos on the subject, both on sites such as YouTube and also within VDJ itself.

One thing to bear in mind is that you can't (unfortunately) play through the POIs in the editor itself and hear/see the result. You have to set everything up then play the track in a deck.

Posté Fri 17 May 19 @ 10:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Chris Hooper wrote :
Okay. Let me rephrase that. I can't Zoom in because I'm using a laptop and it requires a Mouse to zoom in. So I guess I'll have to get a mouse for that to zoom in. LOL

I haven't seen a laptop that doesn't allow scrolling with the touch pad. Are you sure it doesn't work?
(most commonly either using 2 fingers or using the right side of the touch pad)

Posté Sat 18 May 19 @ 1:37 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)